Fed and remembrance day

So, what a surprise but yet again something that was close to many of this community has been struck down by fedlaw. It’s not even a harmful thing, it’s just a fucking poppy. It’s that one time of year when we remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country in the world wars. And we have a symbol that is used solely for this time, the poppy. So, when we start wearing poppies just for this tiny amount of time (it was said on like the 6th to the 11th), fed comes along and bans it. Defence being “just use mourning bands”. But as you may have seen during the brief argument, I said that we have these poppies because they came about at the end of the war. They have been since that day a symbol of remembrance for the fallen. And yet we can’t even remember them. Mourning bands are too universal, even if you don’t nessercarily participate in this time. so please, please let us wear poppies, even if you just made a whole new one and put it in our dept stores. I don’t care if it’s more robux gone, I want to wear this, and I’m sure there’s loads more who do.

tldr fed wont let us wear poppies, but he should because mourning bands are too universal for what the poppies are a symbol of. thanks for reading the whole thing if you did

39 Likes

though I’m not British or Canadian, and honestly didnt hear about this till yesterday, it seems wrong. Imagine if fed was British and he bans mourning bands on Veterans Day/memorial day. It’s the same thing. This is really nonsense.

12 Likes

anyone going against fed is way out of their depth but hey ho i did it because i can want to and will
also technically Americans have it but its in may or something

6 Likes

It was a disgusting action by Fedora, he has quite frankly disrespected every soldier that fought for our freedom by refusing to allow us to wear poppies. I’ve lost all trust in his ability to run this group, he has no regard for any of our concerns and is quite frankly a dictator and it needs to stop.

“Leave if you don’t like it”

If we followed that, you wouldn’t have a community. Be grateful for what you have Fed.

21 Likes

Our veterans did not die for fed to just spit on their graves.

I know fed and I have our share of disagreements but this is beyond disgusting.

If only he could witness the horrors of the battlefield… maybe then he will have a little more respect for those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

One veteran said something to the effect of (and I’m paraphrasing here): “You can still smell the smells of the battlefield, you can hear the cries of the wounded - those crying out for a mother they will never again see - their impending deaths were not pretty nor always fast…”. He then went on to read off the names of all of his buddies kills in combat and as the list got longer the more he cried.

Don’t. You. Ever. Disrespect. Our. Veterans. Again.

The more I type the madder I get so I’m just gonna log off of the forums for a while.

23 Likes

idk why a tiny poppy that represents soldiers that fought for freedom is such a problem… it’s a so little which imo shouldn’t matter. as it harms nobody

I also don’t understand why LEOs aren’t allowed to wear any other tiny remarks on the uniforms unless its in the group store? why aren’t they allowed to wear something that symbolizes them/something that they appreciate (such as a breast cancer awareness ribbons, the poppy this post was made about, and other things)

9 Likes

Now that I’ve had a moment to stew it is clear that fed’s antics have over time decreased the amount of solid applicants/immigrants to this state.

Instead, it seems to me like people are moving towards Mayflower.

Is anyone else noticing this?

As a result standards have had to be lowered, admitted class of trainees reduced in size, etc.

Major intervention needs to happen now development wise to get v3 rolling again or to change the way this community is treated.

Otherwise, at some point this group will be just like Docklands eventually (and spoiler alert their whole government quit at once and moved en-mass when their founder ticked them off… they still have yet to recover from that).

So continue to treat us like trash fed. See what happens over the long run.

8 Likes

I wish Fedora could allow department heads to upload uniforms and group games. Let’s be honest, if a department head was to abuse this privilege then they would most likely be dismissed by the Governor. Additionally, Fedora could have rules put in place on what you can and can not do that heads would have to follow.

If it doesn’t work then take the permissions back but if it does then I could see this benefiting the state significantly.

10 Likes

I concur.

Why does it have to be in the group store? Is it so that fed can easily load them into v3? If so that could be more understandable.

Or is fed merely wanting to make more money? That to can be understandable. Either way, why do we have to send our uniforms thru fed?

5 Likes

SHAME! just like whole foods now allowing their employees to wear poppies!

there is very little respect for non-americans in this group

11 Likes

I don’t think firestone or fed has to worry about losing members. When an individual leaves firestone that spot gets filled quickly by someone else. However, the person filling in that spot might not have the same quality as the former member. I really don’t think that the new people in firestone can lead the judiciary branch after the current members leaves.

6 Likes

Banning poppies? Seriously? With the excuse that officers have mourning bands? What type of shitty excuse is that anyways?

Sure, there are mourning bands that we use to show our acknowledgement of sad events, but they don’t mean as much as a poppy does, specially when it comes to acknowledging thousands of people who died fighting for peace and freedom.

Nice one, fed. Great job showing arrogance, once again.

10 Likes

To any and all officers who put on a poppy this remembrance day and the ones to follow, I love you. no homo.

6 Likes

americans wear the poppy as well

the poppy became the american legion’s official flower in '20 and then became a national program of the AL in '24

8 Likes

Tell me what damage this does, I’ll wait.

20 Likes

finna impersonate a cop just to put on a poppy

6 Likes

As i am Canadian I believe this was a wrong move on fed’s part because well you said it and so has multiple other people so I ain’t gonna repeat it

7 Likes

Its truly disrespectful, arrogant, and just surreal behaviour.

8 Likes

So disgusting, its all about the robux, no cap.
I dont see why it needs to be in the group store, omg fed doesnt get 5 robux for each shirt omg.
Fed should start showing respect other than being a dickhead to people from outside the us.

7 Likes

Chris, I agree with you but this is partially hypocritical. You are as by the book as it gets, can it not be said Fed is holding Firestone to the same standards? Just a thought.

3 Likes