Expanding vehicle fleet(s) for V2

, ,

I know this has been suggested several times and every time has basically been shot down, but hear me out as someone who’s been in DOT for over 2 years now. Firestone DOT and DPW get extremely boring and limited over time. Now we know V3 is the “main priority” of FS right now, but while V3 is being developed, maybe introduce some new vehicles for the smaller departments (DPW, DOT). Some suggestions myself and several other members of the Firestone community are:

Truck used for cones, barriers, signs, etc:

Concrete/Asphalt truck:

Skid steer: Can be used for terrain rp’s and doing roadwork

Once again, I know these will most likely not be added at all, but DOT and DPW would like something to do, as we basically have to redo the exact same thing over and over. The benefits of this suggestion would definitely be an increase in activity from both departments and way more RP benefits in county.

37 Likes

Major support, I agree with shenning on this one that “v3 is the main focus”, but this would also keep v2 fresh in the mean time. I know SCSO, FSP, DHS, and a few other departments recently got a fleet revamp or new vehicles all together. DOT has lost a lot of numbers since the time I first joined and not as many are applying due to the fact that DOT is “boring” or “repetitive” as mainly towing cars, driving the bus, or just doing outages (all are done the same way, just different locations). Adding these vehicles will bring DOT the attention that it deserves, some have complained that DOT is inactive therefore they don’t deserve dev support, though the truth is we are active for the amount of employees we have currently. We aren’t as active as we were say a year ago due to the loss of interest in the department. Implementing these vehicles will also be a road map of something that can be implemented in V3 later on for DOT/DPW and this will help test any issues that may present themselves, may as well solve the issues in V2 then solve them when it’s too late!

Support

Sincerely,
FDOT Supervisor
Armaxnii

6 Likes

yes suppotrt

4 Likes

absolute support from DPW to my DOT brothers also nice hino

4 Likes

support on this

4 Likes

my supervisor!!! :wave:

3 Likes

ngl if we had the chance for a v2 vehicle update I think civilians should get a few new vehicles

3 Likes

Firestone V3 has been the priority for the last 3 years and we still haven’t seen anything. These smaller departments definitely need a boost!

9 Likes

great idea support, I mean even the least we can get is the snow plow dump truck converted to a real dump truck I mean all you need to do is take plows off and change the salt to soil and it’s done.

7 Likes

we have no one to make the models

5 Likes

this wont happen lol

3 Likes

THIS IS TRUE!

3 Likes

bruv you just got god damn dump trucks fr

3 Likes

they got snow trucks

3 Likes

no support, as this would be a waste of time for v2. This also will not happen anyways.

3 Likes

I agree, the current dump truck we have could get fixed a little the chassis, as it was literally stripped off the DOT Tow chassis (still having the tow control panel intact)/ It could be fixed, and have the same mechanism to dump like the ones we have on WM trucks for DPW. Bet you, it won’t even take that long to fix.

4 Likes

rogdog it doesnt work like that

4 Likes

that moment when we need serious DIY truck projects in game (like tavarish)

4 Likes

Amazing how some people can’t read

6 Likes

Support!

4 Likes