Expanding vehicle fleet(s) for V2

, ,

dpw commonly uses them as dump trucks in the offseason, dot should consider that too!

3 Likes

i strongly support. dot and dpw both use their resources to the absolute most they can, but they still are quite limited. i think that specifically changing the plow to a dump truck(something that should be simple enough) would add a large amount of opportunities to these departments

4 Likes

There’s no reason to use snow plows in summer

4 Likes

how do y’all still not learn,

and I quote, “Like the Development Suggestion to Support it, replying “Support” doesn’t actually do anything”

please dear god the main post has 4 likes, yet 23 replies, like the fucking post

3 Likes

as he said abovr

commenting support does nothing you clowns

3 Likes

Plows not been used during the summer, the dump truck portion is for Roleplay purposes.

4 Likes

if you actually read my message, you would know what I was referring to
they are for roleplay purposes, clearly

3 Likes

me waiting for cuxle’s message saying NOOOOOOO BAD

4 Likes

@Cuxle hurry up

3 Likes

Nice idea but honestly, seems like a bit too much.

Also stop commenting support…

2 Likes

I have been in DPW for nearly 2 years now (only 3 days until!), and throughout that time I have seen many people resigning due to not having enough things to do.

When the plows were added at Christmas, DPW got a hell of a lot of applications, double the normal amount due to the interest in us having something new.

Any change is a big change for DPW, and I can imagine the same for DOT too, DPW has also started doing RP’s with water mains, where we dig up roads and repair pipes etc, thing is, we don’t have many vehicles to roleplay with, we typically use the Dump truck for waste and Tahoe for traffic control, but we don’t have a lot else.

Additionally, I have recently added a “reports” system to DPW where randomly generated (roleplay) calls come in for employees to respond to, it has been a great success with employees finding more to do on duty, even just an F150 (like previously suggested) for employees to respond to these calls in would be highly beneficial.

Another cool idea could be a cherry-picker truck to enhance our tree trimming roleplays, as well as possibly dealing with streetlights, however I understand if that is a bit of out of reach (pun intended).

Major Support

Sincerely,
Co55ie,
Secretary of DPW.

7 Likes

yes hotdog news network needs car

2 Likes

100% agree with this, as a DPW Supervisor I have seen how peoples activity can dwindle after a few weeks of employment.
Even if these are not implemented into V2 I would love to see these in V3!

2 Likes

as a bin man i support!

2 Likes

My fullest support.

2 Likes

remember that commenting “support” just clogs the post up, to show support please just like the original post

2 Likes

mad props to you for doing this, although it would be MUCH better with dev support. y’all really need some development attention its kinda sad how the founders just threw some shitty decals on the roads and called it an update

5 Likes

the scfd fleet update will come eventually…

eventually…

5 Likes

One of my employees wished for me to add some more suggestions on the DPW side;

• Utility truck (could just be an f150)
  • Bucket truck
  • Rear/side loader garbage truck
  • Tree trimming truck

edit: could also see these added to dot too!

3 Likes

bump, make sure to like the OP to support!

2 Likes