Double Standards in Firestone Development

I have not (personally) seen this anywhere but yet again, this is not Capital Gas’s fault. They did not give them self the car, the devs did.

2 Likes

can i apply to fdoa

2 Likes

we are not currently hiring because THERES NOTHING TO DO @FedoraMasterB98
some day if fed decides to let us do something and give us an airport, civilian aircraft, or SOMETHING we will start hiring

we currently are only hiring ASU pilots to be test examiners to certify other ASU pilots to fly bc that’s the only useful thing to us

4 Likes

you can hire me to be a good friend :slight_smile:

and a secretary or som make up a position

2 Likes

bump, all other things are useless rn

4 Likes

gasp

press release = activity

didnt you get the memo?

/s

4 Likes

devils advocate: fed isn’t a programmer, v2’s code is nearly a half-decade old so probably isn’t very clean (making changes, even small changes like a new team, probably quite difficult for someone with limited understanding of the codebase).

with that said, there is likely quite a bit fed and the cofounders could do.

i mean no offence to CGF, they’re a great company; but in my personal opinion, they should focus on fixing crucial bugs (eg broken courts, making the FDOA door cancollide false which takes 2 seconds; app center isn’t as major since everything else is working fine) rather than adding new content.

fed, please, go ahead and give businesses dev support, it’s super important; but so is making FDOA, DOBW, etc. remotely functional. and if you can’t, you should say otherwise people will label you as lazy or biased.

i firmly believe in a crude British saying, ‘cockup before conspiracy’, meaning that you shouldn’t attribute everything to malice; i would more than bet that the cofounders and fed probably want to see departments doing remotely something but they likely do not have the time or knowledge needed to add it.

in other words, fed should say that he is unable to add a feature and that he will see what he can do. fed should also generally listen to the wider community rather than his intuition (no one man knows everything)

5 Likes

It’s extremely disappointing that fed refuses to do a little bit of research before making such a bold claim. FDoA hosts several public events and does even more behind the scenes (RPL management, create and update all flight policies and regulations, marks ASU exams and does in-county examination of ASU pilots for RPL, and several other things).

2 Likes

Fed is so clueless. The heliport CANNOT BE ACCESSED. The gate is closed, the doors have CanCollide. We have, for about a year now, hosted events with resources from other department.

4 Likes

Agreed. I honestly am taking a neutral stance in the whole “Fed’s got no knowledge” deal. I’ve heard too much of too many topics. Great wording Lt. Colonel.

2 Likes

what would FDOA do with an f150 though?

1 Like

Same thing everyone else does with their vehicles. Roleplay.

2 Likes

ok will you hire me NOW

2 Likes

This is a developing story and we will let you know when we have more details.

2 Likes

watch him a) add teleporting doors to the heliport so you just teleport from abor to prom or b) just add the building and nothing else so its completely useless

2 Likes

He better add some sort of vehicle teleportation or car spawner in prom then cuz I aint bout to tp to prom and be stranded there because my car is still parked on the other side of the map.

3 Likes

What would cap gas do with a F150 or DPW do with a sweeper?

This is a ROLEPLAY community…

1 Like

he’s not gonna do that, it would be abused.

2 Likes

i would SHOOT MYSELF

3 Likes

It’s unfair how departments that have been around since the start of Firestone get less dev support than businesses that have been around for less than half a year.

5 Likes