DOT Disability Petition

Ladies and Gentlemen,
It is about time that we restart the DOT Disability Program. I am here to help. Please, take a moment out of your day to help sign, benefiting the disabled community in Firestone.

Please inform me below if you are interested in signing.

Signed,
OliverSteph
Representative

4 Likes

I agree. Also put someone actually competent in charge; the last time I got denied a handicap permit was because I had a bar certification.

11 Likes

Fully agree, that’d be another thing aside from this though. But you’d like to sign?

1 Like

no thanks

1 Like

Why did they shut the program down in the first place?

2 Likes

Its not fully shutdown, just highly inactive.

1 Like

First off, I agree that the DOT: Handicap Division is a little inactive, or quiet. However, I think, to my knowledge, applications for permits are open all the time . . . to my knowledge, I could be wrong. Also, when you say press releases? What exactly would they say? How many permits were given, people who got permits? That seems like a waste of time and resources for the division. Please note, this is only my opinion, feel free to respond with yours.

1 Like

Seems like DOT in general is inactive. Havent heard anything from the department high command in months…

2 Likes

What do you want to hear from them? Right now, DOT only has 69 members, and a new class is starting so we should get around 25-30 more employees, assuming the pass of course. But what do people want to hear from DOT about? How many tows we did in the past week?

1 Like

Just saying, havent heard about the department, and or from the department in months. Didn’t say I wanted to hear anything specific, I was just stating that I’ve heard nothing in general.

The only things posted in the DOT discord announcements in the past month:

Resignations
Game-nights
Promotions

That’s all.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I do not pay attention to department announcements, but what I have seen in other departments such as FSP is the same thing?

1 Like

True. Only brought it up because it was mentioned that a division in DOT was inactive. That’s all. No hate, nothing bad, just brought it up in the course of the subject of topic; being DOT and inactivity of sorts.

1 Like

Well, I know EVERYONE wishes DOT had a Public Relations Division , and allow Ride alongs, litterally EVERYONE -cough cough- Slink , willmur, Ninwin, -cough cough- anyways . . . a DOT:PR division would be good to host events and engage with the community a little more. Staying on topic of DOT: Handicap division, I do not think they are inactive. You just don’t see anyone with permits because nobody meets the requirements. The requirements I feel should be a little more forgiving for applicants. The 2 requirements people cannot meet are; Applicants cannot have an excessive record and, applicants cannot be in a department that requires good health which is literally any department. So the only people that would be allowed to have a permit would be people approved by the governor/DOT Hicomm, or the bums that are legal civilians which is rare… imo of course.

1 Like

so rn your telling me that DPW has more members then DOT? man what the hell

2 Likes

ohhhhh im so old my legs got ripped off int he war i need a handicap permit ehhhhhhhhhhh

2 Likes

That’s because they don’t have any announcements for the public to see at the moment only department announcements which are in employee announcements

1 Like

Apps are opened 24/7 for you to obtain a handicap permit plus I don’t see a need for an press release every month by the division that’s like useless to me

1 Like

its still stupid how if you have a criminal record you can’t get a disability plaquer/permit

makes 0 sense

4 Likes

The reason why they don’t give it people is that they can go sit in the handicap spot and do a hostage situation at cd and get away with sitting in the handicap spot

2 Likes

that’s kinda very specific and petty to have 1 parking space dictate the fact people with a record can’t have a permit

2 Likes