Do you think firestone is dying? (and other questions) | Poll / Vote

If you don’t think anything is bad, you don’t choose anything. Simple

But only bad will show and that is bias

1 Like

This poll is about the bad, not the good.

There’s going to be people that fail roleplay or don’t even know how to roleplay in all roleplay games. But I do not believe that will cause the state to die.

But, when Firestone does start to die, it will probably be because of the leadership. The person or people running the state.

Such as:

Fed gives it to Envelope and Envelope takes care of the state for a while. But then Envelope passes the state on to someone else that Envelope thinks will do a good job. But the person that obtained leadership from Envelope doesn’t maintain the state.

That’s one scenario.

I don’t believe Firestone is dying in any fashion right now though. Everything seems to be being managed to a satisfying level.

FRP (False Role Play) is already causing my own experience of the game to decline, and I am sure others agree on this too, therefore it can ruin gameplay.

Also its not just the FRP. Even without FRP, the game itself (guns, lack of inventory system, etc) is killing the game

Indeed. But as Firestone is a roleplay community, and is mostly full of people that want to roleplay; there will be the inexperienced few that just don’t know or want to deprive our gameplay.

But when you look at major roleplay games like Greenville or Pembroke Pines; they have it worse than us when it comes to FRP.

But for the overall picture of the realism and rather beneficial experience in public safety, government, judicial, etc. it draws attention to the state.

You say that because we won’t allow your Realism Petitions

I’ve found many pieces of information in this forum that really don’t make any sense to me because a lot of you are misinformed.

The game “Ultimate Driving” has no association with Firestone. You do realize that the people who helped develop that game are actual people? They are their own person and they can go around and help develop for other games. They have a talent of developing, and they can use that elsewhere, not only one certain game. Additionally, I believe the UD builder is no longer with us so this shouldn’t matter to you anyway.

"Developers fail to listen to the community"
If the developers didn’t listen to the community, most of the stuff in the game would not exist right now. They exist because of your feedback, so I don’t get why you’re saying they don’t listen. There are certain things that are just not suitable to be developed and added to SCV2 - so if they aren’t “listening”, it’s probably because it has a reason. They’re people too, not developing robots.

Developers fail to finish projects in time, or don’t do them at all
You do realize these developers don’t work for you, right? You aren’t paying them or rewarding them with anything. Now, you could use the argument “well we buy things so we do pay you111!”. No, you’re paying Fed, and Fed distributes that money to developers accordingly, thus meaning they work for him. I get it, you’re impatient, you want things to come out, but as I said - developers are humans, not machines that are forced to work for you. I just don’t get why you guys are trying to stamp timeframes onto these developers and try to pressure them into working. They have lives and don’t sit on their ass all day scripting and building things.

Developers have created bad GUI’s in the game
This doesn’t affect gameplay at all, it’s just a matter of design and looks. If you are really picky about something and how it looks (when it isn’t even your game), then I don’t know what to tell you. This shouldn’t stop you from playing a game, it doesn’t really affect the gameplay mechanics at all lol.

Conclusively, Firestone isn’t dying. A group with 50,000+ members and 100 concurrent players daily is not “dead” or even close to “dying”, it’s quite successful if you ask me. You need to take into consideration that our community is not just the small group of people involved in government. There are thousands of others who act as civilians and see Firestone as a “game”, not a “government”. Most groups come to an end, yes, but the game itself is doing perfectly fine. If you’re going to say the game is bad, at least justify it with proper reasoning, because the current reasons are horrid. If you don’t like the game, you could always just you know, …not play it.

3 Likes

PREACH STRAPHOS

Ayo Straphos preaching the word of the devs out here.

sounds like something a dev would say

dont kill me

On the 74 Hours in jail, Normal murderers get convicted for like 10 hours but meanwhile some people with manslaughter COUGH get charged with 24+ hours in jail

I got a murderous criminal 30 sur, stop being mad you abused OC spray

never!

Lets look at the suggestions in the firestone forums,

How often is a suggestion added into the game? never. Only bug fixes are “added” into the game, never suggestions. You might be saying “oh but v3 is being made so suggestions will come in v3”. When v2 was being made, the suggestions from v1 were never implemented into v2 (you can see those suggestions here: https://trello.com/b/NtDDrqfb/state-of-firestone

An example of this is that the addition of a warning into the citation tool was suggested in november of 2017, yet this has not been added as of today. 1 year and 10 months have passed, and this was not added.

additionally, firestone devs and the owner fail to read DM’s in order to get public feedback. Comparing firestone to mayflower on developers talking to citizens on ideas, mayflower actually reads dms or responds to a suggestion, whereas firestone does not.

Also, firestone devs can be biased when developing for firestone, preferring one department over another.

If it was dying, activity would be decreasing. I think this post comes at a bad time due to V3 in the making.

You need to understand the concept of prioritization. Firestone is full of so many different departments that all want different development. SS wants a limo, CRT wants a bearcat, DPW wants a fixed truck, SCFD wants suspension, I could go on for hours. The development team does hear your suggestions out and consider them, but there is just so many different priorities that they need to reach before they do something as small and insignificant as a warning in the citation book. Additionally, the game’s basic functionality is more important than the needs of a police officer. If the game doesn’t work in the first place, what is the point of updates? That’s why “bug fixes” are prioritized.

As somebody who receives hundreds of DMs on the daily, I can tell you I read all of my DMs, and so do others. We are often too busy to respond to it, or we really don’t have anything to say. Especially when somebody messages me saying “Hey!”, like no, get to the point. I have too much DMs to say “Hello!” back to you. You should get straight to the point and tell us what you want so we can read it. All ideas and DMs are looked at and considered … just because you didn’t get a response does not mean we didn’t see it.

Both mrfergie and TheFurryFish, our two main scripters (one of them now being former) are both criminals. They don’t favor any department over the either. You also clearly have not read my previous statement; " There are certain things that are just not suitable to be developed and added to SCV2 - so if they aren’t “listening”, it’s probably because it has a reason." If a developer says something shouldn’t be added, it probably means that it shouldn’t be added. Simple to grasp, right?

Once again, if you aren’t happy with how things are progressing, nothing is keeping you here. I understand your concern, but developers are trying their best to get things out. There is so many technologies needed within departments and it will take lots of time to make sure everybody’s needs are satisfied.

Nobody care about you straph.

Oh really, let me find that one thread