DigitalOcean Reboot Notice

DigitalOcean Migration Reboot Alert

The following statements are directly from DigitalOcean:

DigitalOcean is working to mitigate the industry-wide security vulnerabilities known as Meltdown and Spectre. More information about the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities can be found on our blog.

This [message] is to notify you that, as part of our mitigation efforts, we have planned an upcoming maintenance that will affect all Droplets in all regions. During the course of this maintenance, we will reboot physical machines and the Droplets on them. These reboots are necessary in order to apply the patches that mitigate the Spectre vulnerability within DigitalOcean’s infrastructure.

We are aiming to begin this maintenance in our NYC1 region during the week of January 29, with maintenance to follow in our other global regions. Notices, including a list of affected Droplets, will be sent to all affected customers at least 24 hours ahead of scheduled maintenance windows.

Firestone Forums is currently hosted in the New York region as majority of our members are from the East Coast. DigitalOcean will be performing their maintenance on the week of January 29, as mentioned. This is your heads up!

Thanks,
GetEnveloped

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

RIP, forums

2 Likes

tl;dr: forums gonna die cause the hoster has to do maintenance

edit: f to pay respects

6 Likes
1 Like

does this mean its gonna be down a lot for the majority of the week, or just some day during that week?

2 Likes

i’d give it at least two or three days, tbh

2 Likes

From my understanding, it’ll go down once and come back up during any time of that week.

I also do not know how long it will go down for.

4 Likes

HoSt ThE fOrUmS yOuRsElF

2 Likes

u gonna pay?

2 Likes

yeah, no. unless you want it to be super laggy.

4 Likes

or like the bot

2 Likes

the bot barely takes any memory, let’s be real here.

4 Likes

if they host forums it’ll most likely be where Fed lives, Env, or Sam lives

2 Likes

yea but it goes down more then i go down on melted marshmellows

2 Likes

because you are a bad host.

this site hasn’t gone down since 2017.
and this migration is a one time thing so :dab:

4 Likes

because im too lazy to put it on heroku or whatever and it really doesnt matter 2 me anymore seeing that literally no1 uses music

2 Likes

wait do we have a dedicated url?

2 Likes

I will refer you to the Swedish Tech Support services we have here at Firestone Forums.

@Samtella

4 Likes