Departure From The State of Firestone

Speaking the bold truth o7

4 Likes

It was good knowing you, seeing you rise up to become who you are throughout my time in FS since I joined in 2017 as well. And yeah I’ve technically left the community in terms of my spirit since 2019, hence why I’ve toned down a lot and less involved, only remaining in FNG to advise.

Be it obvious or not, you are one of the few that has made a significant impact to this community.
You will be missed.

Godspeed.

5 Likes

o7 . Thank you so much for helping build boats and revitalize DOBW. That truly meant a lot to me and others. Without your help, the aquatic gameplays would still be non existent as it was for the years prior.

5 Likes

Though I haven’t known you forever, it would be a lie that I haven’t appreciated what you have done. And though we haven’t talked much besides SCSO stuff or messing around in group chats, you are a pretty cool guy and we’ll miss you, and our unit will miss you as well.

o7 Deputy, Developer, Friend, and much more, Lidels.

3 Likes

well said. way too many people spend an extensive amount of time on this game and roblox in general with no focus on their actual life and education

p.s. thanks for all you have done for the maritime community in fs

5 Likes

Yeah fr I forgot about him being in CPER

3 Likes

o7, Lidels. You speak truth.

3 Likes

way to call me out

3 Likes

so how does this affect V3

2 Likes

damn man we lost another of FS player :frowning:

3 Likes

Thank you, Gave Me Some Real Perspective. Good Luck with your future endeavors.

3 Likes

I feel like a lot of this is what most of us who have been here for 4-5+ years have all experienced together as we’ve seen the community in what I would call the best days of Firestone 2-3 years ago personally, agreeing that 2018 was the last of what was “good.”

I personally would spend all the time I had outside of work and school on Firestone- every second I had would go to monitoring my departments discord, communicating with the employees who worked for me, and ensuring I was up to date with everything Firestone related on a day to day basis. Firestone consumed too much of my life and it was a very hard decision to let go- as you can see I came back unemployed other than congress. It’s something that gets so deep rooted into your daily schedule and if you’re like me, you commit your all to everything you do. (I got sucked in…)

Being a Cabinet member in Firestone was one of the worst things I could’ve done to my life. I made Firestone more important than my life outside of this community. I couldn’t agree more as someone who has fallen into this trap, to encourage others not to let it get this bad. 5+ years of my life have been altered in a way where I’ve made it become natural, at-home, and a place where I feel comfortable being in, know the people, and wouldn’t want it any other way. This is all until you realize how bad you got yourself addicted to the place and it’s so rooted within you that it’s hard to let it all go.

We’ve all made friendships, enemies, and have developed who we think we are in a virtual space presented to thousands of other people we don’t really know. We know each other more or so as roblox characters- or our “virtual” stereotype of what we’ve shaped others to know us as.

A very good friend of mine- whom I speak to on a daily basis, I met 4 years ago. February of 2017 I was the Secretary of Public Works- Ben applied to my department and the story from there is unexplainable. We’ve formed a friendship that I’ve never thought would be existent within Firestone- one that has surpassed Firestone as a whole, and that has brought us closer together outside of the “roblox” life. Ben and I speak together on a daily basis over discord- usually playing games and chilling on voice calls for hours upon hours. This is something that I’ll never forget- something that has impacted my life in a good way, but the only thing I’ll truly remember forever that has left a positive impact. The other individuals I’ve met we’ve became “friends, co-workers, pals, you name it” or so we think. In reality, we don’t really know each other as much as we think, as we’re so adapted to the virtual presence of each other that we know each other as. Just something to think about.

Reading that has brought out the things I’ve been feeling for a long time now, but in a way I never have explained to anyone. I’ve enjoyed the experiences, however seeing how bad I’ve gotten pulled into the trap, it’s something I’ll never be able to forget- although the experiences I’ve neglected from being too much involved in Firestone are things I’ll never be able to experience, as I’ve lost a lot of time out of my life caring about this place that I thought was the best thing that had ever happened.

Just a lot to think about…

17 Likes

this is very well put and said lidels, we may have not always seen eye to eye but you definitely have maintained a great commitment and drive to ensure the best for the community and the state, no question. although I disagree with things like connor, I hold a slight bias as he is a good friend of mine in this state, I wish you all the best and success in life.

-ash

3 Likes

this is a little disturbing. not in a bad way. you’re 100% right that we allow our online personas to consume us. We don’t become the online persona, the online persona becomes us. :flushed:

5 Likes

well said brother. thank you for your service and contribution to the state

3 Likes

o7 bro, you the best. Enjoy wherever life takes you and hope for the best :pray:t4:

3 Likes

Well said, good bye

3 Likes

o7 lidels

go chase your dreams!

3 Likes

Pfft, couldn’t be more correct and definitely a little bit of both. I nurse no addiction to this game, nor have I ever done so, however there’s a lot of memories that’ve been created and friendships made since I joined FNG on January 3rd of 2017.

Can’t let go of that too easily. Good luck Lidels.

4 Likes

Right, you didn’t have to call me out like that but, Lidels thank you for all that you’ve done for me and members of the Old Guard of the State of Firestone, i’m not sure many of the new members will miss you, but fuck I sure as hell will, have a good rest of your life mate.

from one Old Guard to another
o7

4 Likes