Department of State Suggestions

Currently, the Department of State can’t do much, since there aren’t many states, nations, etc. that we can ally with or have other foreign relations with at the moment. Whilst we are looking for other states to ally with, and are considering allying with countries that exist in real life, I want to look outside of the box of foreign relations, and look for something else to do, as the Department of State do a lot more in real life.

I’ve seen a number of suggestions flying around, and here are some which I think are good, and may give DoS more to do. Please let me know what your thoughts are.

• Diplomatic Security Service; Currently, the DoS have the Secret Service provide us with security for foreign visits, etc. However, SS isn’t always available, so, with a new HQ coming in V3, DSS could most certainly be useful, providing protection during these visits, to not only DoS officials, but foreign officials as well. Furthermore, they could be used for a variety of other tasks related to state security, potentially helping with foreign intelligence, etc. However, this would need Fed’s approval, and who knows if he would ever approve. Would also need dev support for uniforms, team, tools and vehicles.

• Firestone State Museum; In V3, we will have the state museum. It has been suggested by the Secretary of State that the museum could be run by the Department of State, as it is in certain states in real life.

I’m sure the DoS could do a lot more, and not just sit around doing nothing until a meeting with a foreign entity. I am open to criticism of the suggestions above, along with any other suggestions that you, the people, may have.

Wolf_RBX, Esq.
Associate Secretary of State
Firestone Department of State

5 Likes

I’ve spoken with the SOS about DOS having a much more pertinent role in Firestone should we be elected into office.

If you’d like I can contact you with some details, or alternatively you could speak to him

4 Likes

Sounds interesting, go ahead and DM me, maybe you’ll get a vote :wink:

3 Likes

I do not agree with Diplomatic Secret Service. I find it more important to build our member count to fit the demands needed with the Department of State, rather than opening a new Diplomatic Security Service that would take away our applicants. The Secret Service after all is a well established agency. The drop of activity regarding the Secret Service ties in with the idea of Agents transferring agencies, agents resigning, and our last recent hiring was well over a month or two ago. We plan on opening applications within the next few days, this would expand the amount of agents who are available to do protective details. A new set of Agents within the Secret Service would lead to an influx in activity.

I’d have to agree with the Firestone State Museum. No business will oversee the ‘State Museum’ per say, which gives a department the hastle to upkeep this establishment. It would be best fitting for the Department of State to handle this.

9 Likes

I mean, I’m sure we could have the DSS as a secondary department, but yes, that is a good point.

3 Likes

Hello.

I personally don’t agree with the DOS having a secret service. I think that the DHS SS is already trained for such events. If they are inactive, I’d recommend contacting the Director of Secret Service to resolve the issue. I like the other ideas though.

6 Likes

I don’t really like the idea of the Security Service. SS already has its lack of jobs, because basically all they do is special events and GO protection.

4 Likes

dont get me wrong btw, i still love my ss cuties

4 Likes

Go to war with aigio : )

4 Likes

Diplomatic Security Service wouldn’t only cover secret service duties (for a very small number of individuals), but also, potentially, foreign intelligence, maybe they’d be the “middle ground” if, for example, Firestone and State X were to agree to intelligence sharing. I’m sure they could do other things as well.

If there are issues with DHS SS, not saying that there are, then DSS would be able to assist with those issues, by taking care of security for the SoS and foreign officials during meetings. I can also recall of one or two times where SS hasn’t been able to provide security when FS officials stepped foot foreign soil. DSS could release that pressure.

But yeah, I understand the concerns. @Stamose @Fairfull

4 Likes

Not happening unless Aigio do something really drastic, but even then I doubt we ever would.

War is the last option, and there are plenty of options before that.

4 Likes

Just for further clarification my point was you could give those duties to SS. Wouldn’t need to create a new agency.

4 Likes

We need to obtain alliances with other states, etc.
nUSA would be a great alliance, if that would be possible? Or even Aigio?

Sincerely,
Proqix

3 Likes

Nusa, ah no-

3 Likes

I don’t know, I feel like there’s not enough communication from the Department of State, though frankly I’m not in their Discord so maybe something to work on?

I worked on Diplomatic Security Service under former Secretary Baron. Being honest, total flop of a job and we, or I, was just ridiculed by the Secret Service and other members of DHS. Though you do have good intentions on their tasks as their position. I think that DSS should be voluntary, but have strict requirements (maybe not as strict as DHS, so minus the POST certification). I think both SS and DSS should work together when necessary and should have communications established between groups.

6 Likes

I feel like Secret Service is very accessible to our needs, given the fact we can request them for such a large event within a 48 hour notice. Foreign meetings, and or events where we need a larger presence of SS would be planned out days if not weeks (typically) ahead of time.

I wouldn’t think and or agree to have a “DSS” to fit our needs, as I believe SS does this well…

3 Likes

What would you like to see better communication wise from the Department of state? The past few meetings have led us to classification, and thus not being able to release information on such events. And a lot of the time, it is better to keep information away from the public, so it does not escalate retaliation, and or consequences from fellow entities.

3 Likes

NUSA was considered and we decided against it.

3 Likes

#getridofit

2 Likes

Since when did we have department of state

2 Likes