Department of Defense

well you seem like a useless representative

3 Likes

well congress sseems like a useless thing

5 Likes

The DoD was established on the premise it would do the jobs of multiple other departments (Department of State, NG made subordinate, other legal representation promises and investigative abilities), for this department to have a purpose youā€™d need to abolish around 3 other departments, even with the changes made to the DoD it remains unneeded, and drains activity potential from other departments doing the exact same job. Sometimes having a department just for the sake of it spreads the troops thinner for no reason.

11 Likes

well said

3 Likes

establish monarchy

6 Likes

I personally feel as if thereā€™s no point in having a department with the sole purpose of serving as an oversight body for our federal agencies. DHS and FNG have overseen themselves as long as they have existed way back in version 1 and there have not been any issues whatsoever. Unlike DPS, DOD hasnā€™t even done anything yet from what iā€™ve seen and its been established since the canine administration three or more terms ago (aka 1+ year now).

Furthermore doesnā€™t DOD have less power than DPS, DODā€™s basically twin brother? So whatā€™s the point of a federal level DPS with less power that hasnā€™t even like done anything yet? Just a waste of time and space in my opinion. And considering a lot of DOD employees even co-sponsored the bill to abolish it should say something.

3 Likes

I think people find it to be useless because all their operations are classified. Like, I donā€™t know what they do but I know that DoD is ran by people I like so I just support it.

tenor

3 Likes

and ur a useless cabinet member but i havent said anything until nowā€¦

3 Likes

amateur

3 Likes

thatā€™s my favorite category

4 Likes

Not needed. Itā€™s purely an oversight department overseeing two great and well structured departments. I donā€™t see the need or it and the fact that 1/4 of dod employees support it means something.

4 Likes

AHAHAHAH LOL tony ur so fucking savage i laughed so hard.

4 Likes

Me and @NotoriousAmerican have been saying that for a while, finally people now understandā€¦

6 Likes

In all seriousness, and as the author of the previous thread questioning the reliability of this department, I am delighted to see its abolishment coming altogether. The whole ā€œbetter be safe than sorryā€ argument is just an example of perversity, departments (especially this one considering it was established via law) hold a lot of importance to the executive branch and, with the DoD, the state as well. A lot of unchecked power and vagueness lied in this establishment law and I believe Congress took the appropriate action of doing away with this department and realizing the actual plausible outcomes of having a department with the aforementioned unchecked and vague power.

Good decision.

7 Likes

abolish the department!!!

2 Likes

i think u r late

3 Likes

nope, it is still up to @NinWin1

3 Likes

the bill requires the governor officially abolish the department within 5 days of the bill passing

3 Likes

dod was made to give a free cabinet position
but
GREAT LEADER FED KIM JONG 98UN WONT ALLOW GREAT STATE TO LOSE DOD
GOD SAVE DEMOCRATIC PEOPLEā€™S REPUBLIC OF GREAT FIRESTONE, BLESSED BE GREAT MARSHAL!

11 Likes

quite frankly this only shows the incompetence of the legislature, as they cannot give DoD the tools necessary to do its job? At least thats what I have gathered from other responses?

3 Likes