[DEBATE] Shutting down DPS

The command should be hiring unbiased people plus they should be looking over the investigations and approving or denying the case for the punishment if IA does happen

2 Likes

The idea of DPS - feel free to correct me here - is that they are hired with previous LEO knowledge. There, last time I checked, are several investigators. If one investigator has bias, they are to step down.
This should be clear to anyone.

1 Like

it’s literally LEOs investigating people from different departments

1 Like

Correct but if needed the command in IA or the department can step in if needed and dismiss them or assign them to someone else like the governor did a couple of days ago with dps

1 Like

Then both deputy and assistant secretaries and iiPentagramz should step down as the governor ruled bias. Why aren’t they stepping down? It’s, as James said, LEOs investigating each other from other departments.

2 Likes

@MarcTheEmperor What case are you talking about here? Pls link.

@JamesDeeks “it’s literally LEOs investigating people from different departments”.

Yes. That is essentially, the idea. DPS has several investigators, usually from different departments, so that if one investigator has bias, another can step in and take over.

The idea is that DPS is the IA for departments. The difference they have to a department IA is that they are not overwatched by someone who has a million other things on their plate (a department leader), they are a specialized division. This also allows easier oversight by the governor.

1 Like

Fed banned IAs for depts except for DHS and FNG, honestly with all I’ve seen how supervisors in other LEO dept act and carry themselves, I’d be scared to have my fate in their hands.

1 Like

Courts can’t remove people for calling a citizen the n word. DPS exists to handle matters mostly out of jurisdiction of the courts, but still violating standards and endangering public order. I have seen, numerous times, in my two years in the legal system that issues keep building up in departmental disciplinary systems (because they don’t actually do anything) until finally the officer feels the rules don’t matter, they fuck up bad enough, and then the courts intervene.

4 Likes

yes officer, this post right here is true.

1 Like

People don’t like DPS for the same reason they don’t like the courts in regards to LEO involved civil cases: they say you can’t act like retards. It seems anyone who says “hey guys, maybe people have rights and we should have standards” gets shit on. That’s interesting, isn’t it?

2 Likes

The poll isnt to shit on DPS, its to see its redundancy and how if there is an internal issue within DPS only the governor can correct it.

1 Like

what internal issue. pls specify

1 Like

corruption, bias, etc, any issue that hinders DPS’ operations.

1 Like

well i mean, this could also be happening in a department. the HICOMM and IA are corrupt maybe? Who can correct it? Oh why, the governor can!

so basically, that argument works both to DPS and to departments. in the end, the gov is the overseer.

1 Like

Yes, but if it’s within a department, other heads including the department heads can investigate their own members, whereas our department heads really cannot stand up to obvious corruption by DPS.

1 Like

uhh.

the DPS hicomm CAN, and (as far as I know) does do this with their own investigators.

did you miss my point? the governor directly has overwatch over DPS. if a department head has proof of this “obvious corruption”, they should go directly to the governor right then.

1 Like

But why should they go to the governor? The governor has things to be doing other than babysitting DPS. DPS cannot investigate their own associate or deputy secretaries, either.

1 Like

It’s his job to ensure everything goes smoothly in the executive branch. That is the job.

In which case, an investigator should bring this up directly to the secretary. If there is supposedly obvious wrongdoing happening within DPS, and the secretary refuses to do anything, the investigator should go to the governor then.

1 Like

We have, but at this point I can assure you that this is all redundant and can be dealt with at the county level if this was SCSO, or even where it is now as FSP.

As I said before, if there are 5 cases of misconduct, about 4 of them will be reported directly to a supervisor in that department, and one will go to DPS. Why is DPS needed?

1 Like

I believe having DPS is essential for our law enforcement departments. The reason to this is because department’s are more inclined to resist going for punishment. This can be due to either bias, favoritism, or just flat out apprehension of legal action being taken on the department for the punishment. DPS acts as the solution to this by thoroughly investigating law enforcement errors and ensuring punishment is distributed to those who have committed a violation of policy or DPS directive. This is a great way to maintain the performance of these officers and have them hold accountability for their actions.

1 Like