Death, Despair, and The State of Firestone

how did we end up here

One can say that similar to how the sun rises, it must set. This is true for any system that exists no matter the system. One day the earth will spin one last time, you will have your last breath one day, etc.

The question that lies before me is not a matter of if the state will die but when.

Let’s rewind five ish years. A lot has happened since. I’d just joined and life was pretty good. Innovative just got instated, and we were pretty smooth sailing. But those of us who have stuck around since then, will recall how the environment just felt… different. Maybe its a case of me watching time fly by without actually acknowledging what is happening, but the game just truly doesn’t quite feel the same as it once had.

It just feels like toxicity went sky fucking high since, and the game doesn’t have the small community feel. Quality in departments is quickly dropping as many^(exceptions should be clear) switch over from quantity to quality. People who have no business being in leadership positions whether elected or given to them begin to not only have the department crest the hell but slam on the fucking gas on the way down. All the people I mention all have at least one thing in common. They’ve either grown up and left because there was no time to play this game, or they have left because of the toxicity handed to them on a shit-colored platter. Fortunately, I am feeling the way I am because I am finding less and less time to play this time-waster of a game, and not because anyone, in particular, was toxic.

If you were toxic to me in the past and are actually cool with me know, just know I’ve either forgotten or written it off as people not being emotionally developed. I don’t think I truly hate anyone in this state anymore and don’t have any gripes with anyone. If anyone feels different please my DMs are open, and as long as hurricane Ian is bearing down there’s not a lot for me to do outside my house so I will probably be at my desk.
If you want to truly feel what I have felt these last couple of days, punch in 2018 or hell, 2019 into the search bar and look at all the white names, and honestly just look at the quality of the converstaion. See who you remember once being an active member in FS, hell even in general, and compare it to now. Different times, huh?

People move on. That doesn’t mean the state has died, but it certainly starts to feel like death of a thousand cuts when everyone you once knew is leaving, and each of them taking a sliver of history with them. It feels like the toxic melting pot of your typical suspects is left over, while anyone worthwhile having around is gone. I distinctly remember in 2019 when I was a freshmen in HS (feels like ages ago). I load up a game of FS as a criminal like typical. In any given server I’d see Canine, Annoyingk1ds, Bjohn, Hobo, Echo21Alpha, BeastDaBest, Jeffrevin, ryananderson, exoticshepherd, elite_creations, and hell even sometimes saw Buford in-game way back when. I feel like the game is a shell of what it once was, a roleplay game.

Not sure what it is if I’m being truthful. Maybe I’ve grown up and my perspective of what the game is and what it used to be has changed, and it’s core values haven’t. But more likely, I think that once everyone you once knew has moved on, you fall up next on the chopping block. I’m well aware I have an er… shaky history at best, but man I still made some damn good friends that I intend on keeping in contact with in the future. (you know who you are).

I don’t entirely know what the point of this post was, maybe just to rant? But I was hoping to at least bring my thoughts to the table and see what everyone else had to say to see if I was insane or if I was not the only one.

12 Likes

this some poetic ass shit

3 Likes

Dw I got this. Wait till october 10th i will fix it.

4 Likes

I’ve been in FS since late 2016 but didn’t join discord till much later. Between 2017-2020 I was in and out of FS as I was still unsure if I could make my mark on the state as I was looked down on as a bus stop tourist. I can say FS has changed a lot. I’ve went from hugging people randomly by the capital gates in v1 to now people threatening to ruin my FS Career if I do something wrong or do something they don’t agree with.

4 Likes

The state has always slowed down around this time of the year as everyone goes back to school etc.

Of course that being said this year around, things have slowed down significantly more than they normally do.

Personally I feel that a lot of the ROBLOX community have matured a lot, this was even stated by ROBLOX themselves recently when they reduced the chat filters.

That being said, a combination of more mature players probably means people are setting less time aside for Firestone and more for school, causing this bigger slow-down.

Of course there are other factors contributing towards this, although I don’t feel like this is the “end” of Firestone.

4 Likes

I’D LIKE TO POINT OUT AS SOON AS I RETIRED THE STATE WENT BALLISTIC

17 Likes

Just do ur 1 hour log and then ignore the game and you’ll be fine :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

my point is there theres no fucking point, the game does nothing for you if you don’t make friends except waste time and drop your GPA.

4 Likes

who will itch their nuts?

1 Like

glory to ash1835

1 Like

lego politics

1 Like

For example to keep my free college money. I gotta keep a average GPA of 2.5 or higher I think it is, to keep my free college if not I got to drop out or start paying my self.

3 Likes

a 2.5 for free college…? jesus fucking christ i wish lol.

Mines looking to be more like a 3.5 to get and keep…

1 Like

2.5 is incredibly generous like insanely generous

1 Like

You have to remember it’s community college.

CC: @Ash1835

1 Like

not in the british empire :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Notice even just the response to this post is a hell of a lot different then had it been three, even two years ago.

I have been completely disconnected from FS the past few months. This situation that happened recently was brought to my attention because I knew a lot of the people directly involved.

The difference between then and now is that nobody cares. When something like this happened in the past, there was a huge response and outcry from everyone. There was debates and people bitching at each other about who was right, who was wrong. But absolutely none of that has happened with this situation. People don’t give a shit.

This state didn’t move with the times, and it’s founders are paying for it. Its a combination of lazy developers, and most importantly, shit leadership. This state would be in so much better of a place had someone else been given the helm. You cannot expect to keep a community going when you cannot develop something new and fresh to bring them. V2 is eight years old for christ’s sake. A child who was born when V2 was completed is in grade school now. I warned you all this would happen but nobody listened.

Like shit! Eight players on a Friday night. That was UNHEARD of.

I disagree with @Co55ie . This is not as a result of school. This is a community that spat on and ran out the door it’s core leaders and most competent members, and is now being hung to dry because nobody capable to run the state is here anymore. It’s all very weird middle aged men with literal families and impressionable young, toxic children.

20 Likes

101% Disagree, it’s what happens when you have a map that’s the same old thing and the only new update is sewers and roundabouts.

I agree with @Fairfull that it is the direct result of the leaderships lack of caring within the state, if you attempt to voice your concerns to fed or anyone else that has a say in things you get shut down, it’s feds way or nobodies way. (Prime example is the car liveries, the community had over 200+ reactions for a livery and fed didn’t like it and went against the community on his personal judgement)

Activity in the county has been on a sharp decline recently, with Fed even admitting it in most recent election speech, saying that turnout was at an all time low. Departments have been on a decline recently in performance aswell.

The only time this community will get active is when fed adds a new roundabout, or when something stupid happens like last night.

If Fedora truly cares about his community, it needs to be monetized more to allow new players to come in, it is proven by science, that if you keep doing the same thing repeatedly it gets boring. Running ads would keep a new constant flow of players and community members into this community. If activity increases, so will the current activity of users involved currently within our community.

Should Fedora run ads?
From a developer standpoint, yes

Will Fedora run ads to increase activity and gain new members in his community?
No.

The decline is not due to school, every other ROBLOX game isn’t on a “due to school” incline, regardless of your beliefs and opinions. This is the direct result of a toxic, drama filled community, with shitty ownership.

Firestone V3 will not improve activity, and firestone as we knew it will never be seen again.

7 Likes

You know one thing I hate and fear about firestone? The amount of creeps that hide inside the circle. It’s hard for people to make an argument these days without getting doxxed.

5 Likes

i just came here in 2020 idk whats happening wtf

1 Like