Death, Despair, and The State of Firestone

Yeah, this is really unsettling considering the age range that plays the game.

1 Like

ahh that makes sense.

1 Like

firestone alive

1 Like

the dude that died in your place of work is more alive than fs

1 Like

The sun never sets in the British Empire.

2 Likes

technically right… there’s like 11 US aircraft carriers floating around the globe so like doesn’t the sun also not set on the american flag?

1 Like

ya’ll forget about the japanese

1 Like

As someone who started playing over 3 years ago, I think the game is just not engaging anymore. There always used to be random protests or gangs that started up and would cause chaos across the state. I think with so many of the changes made to the game it discouraged a lot of the fun/activity.

Bank robberies are fun, but they require so many people and tools to actually pull it off that it’s just not worth it most of the time. When batons, car handles, and vehicle fires were added, trying to escape a scene was made almost impossible. Also, paws spawning in like 5 different places now instead of the shack makes getting guns such a hassle. And getting a decently fast car is so expensive now that cop cars are faster.

Maybe for long time experienced criminals, it isn’t that bad. But for newcomers, it just isn’t worth getting involved with it. A lot of the chaos and gangs was viewed as annoying/toxic resulting in all of these changes. But it really was the chaos/fun that brought me into this game along with the activity.

5 Likes

poo poo ca ca game poo poo ca ca founder

6 Likes

To add on to what @Fairfull said, we never really accept new people in the community who have a small passion to join the state. When someone new joins they join the discord and ask for a question like “How to be a cop?”. Sure, its maybe funny to see them ask but most of the time we just troll with them. We usally tell them “Dm cuxle” or something that kills their passion. Even if they find out how to join a department its still complicated.

Why is it so much more complicated to join any department these days? We require people to put so much effort into becoming a tow man… in there heads they go “Oh, why would I put this much effort into becoming a tow man when I can buy a game pass in different game and do a similar or more interesting job.” Even just to join POST, the amount of dedication required to join worthless these days.
I myself am in FNG, and being straight up honest everything you learn in the academy is useless. This isn’t a personal attack to anyone in FNG or TRADOC but why should an individual be yelled at by a instructor so much just to stand AFK at the front gate? FNG is basically DoC but can get called out. Infact, I think DoC guarding DoC is more fun than FNG guarding FNG but more complicated to get into. I’m still in FNG because it has it entertainment occasionally (ig?).

We always talked about “QuAliTy oVeR qUaNtiTy” but at this point there is no quantity for the quality.

P.S we always make these kind of threads when Firestone is down in player but it just die down.

14 Likes

Quality over quanity - Wendys

1 Like

I’m old enough to be eligible for a Firestone AARP Membership

5 Likes

Yeah but firestone is already dying when you think about it. Before Covid, there would be 30-40 players and on weekends we had 2 servers. Similar to Covid where we had multiple servers and leading into 2021. Now it’s just 6-7 people on weekdays and like 30-50 on weekends. Plus most of us are old and are moving on because there are better things to do than sit on ur bum all day playing v2 until it’s already late at night. Even I find it not as fun anymore because well there isn’t simply much to do left anymore than sit at an empty 401 awaiting for an occasional vehicle to pass by.

Yes we got v3, but how is that gonna play a part when v2 has a practically dead player count. Also my fears started to rise when we got an SSU. I personally don’t like them because it’s just forced activity and I didn’t come to a state rp group for forced activity. But unfortunately firestone is coming to a close, slowly yet surely but it’s not even declared dead due to fed because well easy money. But unless some things improve which works on player activity in the long run, I have little hope for this state.

3 Likes

People do move on. I’m starting a business at 17 fucking years old in a field I’ve been interested in for just over 10 because big money comes around the world for these kinds of things. There’s just no time left for me to seriously play a game that does fuck all for me IRL.

4 Likes

That’s amazing! I bid you good luck in your business and wish for your success

1 Like

Thanks man! I can take all the good luck I can get.

2 Likes

This is exactly what I mean. All of the people who called out Fed have been driven out of the community, whether it be from toxicity or whether it be by Fed himself. Firestone is now just a huge echo chamber for Fed. Anything he says, everyone goes with.

The only reason Firestone lasted the time it did is because of THOSE people who consistently called him out on his moronic decisions. Even if he didn’t listen, he wasn’t getting support. And that matters.

11 Likes

ditto

everything i learned even in flight school was useless tbh, easy enough to figure it out myself and just take the DOA test.

3 Likes

CG discord got leaked

2 Likes

He’s going to. I’m sure he’s not said it publicly, and I shouldn’t be releasing this information, but he intends to advertise the group during a school break.

Roleplay communities such as Firestone are suffering as a result of this. School is not the main factor but it’s definitely a large one. Most of the people I’ve spoken to have resigned recently (before aes became governor) because of school and being unable to balance it along side FS.

2 Likes