County Legislation Poll

COUNTY LEGISLATION POLL
8/26/2019

Hello everyone! Looking back at feedback and results from the previous poll regarding the status of the County Government, I have noticed that there is a lack of voice and opinion of the Citizens within the county government. Therefore, to increase the voice of the Citizens and ensure that I am representing them, I have created this poll regarding some legislation that is on the docket and some legislation I wish to propose. Please take a few minutes to answer these questions.

Do you approve of this legislation: https://trello.com/c/E1dNpOSE/122-anti-damaged-vehicle-driving-act?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Do you approve of an amendment to implement an oath for the County Executive?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Do you approve of a legislation that disallows criminals within the County and City Governments?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

This poll was created to ensure you have a voice within the County
Government. If you have any suggestions, comments, or concerns regarding anything within the County Government, feel free to leave a post or DM me over discord (Elite_Creations#5454). I intend on making these polls be frequent.

Thank you.
Elite_Creations
Stapleton County Council

2 Likes

anti damaged vehicle act seems kinda stupid

inb4 i get cited because i didnt ‘immediately and safely’ drive to CD :thinking:

4 Likes

Ok so you are suppose to turn on your hazards, drive in the right lane and if your stopped then tell them.

2 Likes

Driving with a damaged vehicle (ex missing tire) is already a crime if im not mistaken.

2 Likes

Nope, I thought that too. The charge for that is driving with a popped tire.

2 Likes

Two things:

1: I believe this is already illegal at a state level for any elected positions (gotta check)

2: An election sponsor has every right to DQ you if you have a criminal record (and I don’t see why they wouldn’t)

2 Likes

It is not illegal at the state level, and it would not hurt to have a legislation to ensure that they do get properly DQ’d.

2 Likes

they already do get properly dq’d by an election sponsor so I see no need for the county to do such with that and quite honestly, the state gov should be writing stuff about not allowing criminals into office as a whole rather than just the county

and yes, there is legislation for this but it can be updated to ensure effectiveness A Bill to Prevent Criminals in Government

3 Likes

I second

2 Likes

OP rq.

2 Likes