Con for House Take 2 (And it's not an April fools joke)

Con for House Take 2

For the 2nd time in the past 4 days, hi. I’m Con and I’m running for a position in the House of Representatives. I’m a paramedic, instructor, paralegal, and ex-politician hoping to get back into the system and help the people I represent. Throughout my candidacy, we’ll go through my history, my reason for running, my plans, and my previous history in Congress. I hope that by the end of this candidacy speech, you’ll see that I’m a great choice to be a representative in one of our most important offices in the land of Firestone.

Disclaimer: This is going to have the same points as my senate candidacy which you can find here: Con for Senate Take Two

I did rewrite the sections so I did not just copy the speech verbatim. I’m not THAT lazy

My History in the State

If you know me, you know I’ve been a part of this state for a good chunk of time. I began sometime in June 2021. One of my friends reminded me that the game exists, and I decided I’d rejoin it in the midst of the pandemic. Failed POST for saying -daps up- to an actor, got a job at DOT & DPW, resigned from both, got my EMT-P certification on August 16th (just 8 days before my birthday), and commissioned in SCFD on October 21st, 2021. Since then I’ve held positions in municipalities, the Stapleton County Council, the House of Representatives, and have since studied block court cases in my free time now (god my life is so fucking sad). And here we are today, running for the house after losing a senate election (rip).

My Inspirations & Reasons for Running

Most of my life (both in real life and in block gaem) is dedicated to helping people. Throughout my career, I’ve tried to help the community of Firestone by being active on the forums with opinions and well-written statements. I’ve also tried my hardest to represent the people. As a representative, I get to listen to the people and their ideas and just maybe implement them and present them to the highest offices of the land. As I stated in my previous campaign, my goal during my time in Congress is to make a progressive wave to help smooth out the kinks we have in our current government (most specifically the turmoil Congress is in the midst of). I hope that throughout my time in Congress, I can find bills & acts that need fixing and amend them to the best of my ability in a timely manner. I hope to remain impartial in the current turmoil that Congress is in (as previously outlined) and remain loyal to my constituents.

My Plans
(most of this section was copied)
My plans in Congress, as previously outlined, are to embed myself in the public as a trustworthy and helpful member of congress, pushing legislation that THE PEOPLE want. During my time, I also wish to establish relationships across chambers and increase the communication that Congress has with everyday citizens. I’ve also learned in my previous term as representative, that Congress needs more avenues for punishment. Things like censures will greatly help Congress uphold checks and balances in a fair and just way. I also hope to make Congress, the Executive Branch, and the Judiciary more transparent to the public through ways I have yet to construe. Fixing elections in the State is something I’m also interested in by implementing staggered election cycles & possibly congressional districts. I hope that throughout my term in Congress, I will instill meaningful and positive change to the system of Government Firestone has today.

My History in Congress

In an effort to maintain full transparency and hopefully address those that hadn’t seen my previous statement on the matter, I’d like to address this. My history in Congress was, admittedly, shaky and borderline scandalous. I never used my position in Congress to draft and create meaningful legislation, and eventually used it in the worst way I could: impeaching a sitting judge that (upon further internal reflection) did not deserve what was being brought upon him. I hope that my shortcomings as a representative can be seen and acknowledged, but I hope that the experience I gathered from the matter will make me a better representative during a new term.

Conclusion

I know this looks vaguely similar but holy fucking shit I am

e x h a u s t e d

Anyways, I hope that after reading this you see my perspectives, my goals, and my hopes for Congress in the near future.

My DM’s are always open and I hope to hear from my constituents, supporters, and colleagues with suggestions and critiques they may have.

Ly and Goodbye,

Confussied
The#4567

PS: speech submission speedrun???

4 Likes

Retire.

3 Likes

no support

2 Likes

Eh why not support. (This is not an april fools joke!)

2 Likes

how did u write this so fast

2 Likes

had it prepared lol

2 Likes

this speech is fake. it is April fools, you can’t fool me

2 Likes

wigglypoff supports

2 Likes

pooop.

2 Likes

Would’ve been better if it was a joke