City Police Departments?

imo idk how many more people v3 would bring. itd be hard to fill the city PD’s at first and overall would kill activity and motivation for the other depts, cause no matter how big you make v3, its roblox and it will never compare to irl where you can patrol rural roads, where as in roblox rural roads are still little to nothing, even with action due to player limits on roblox, and just overall community activity.

eventually many, many people will end up leaving dhs and scso to go patrol, because protecting a government property on roblox 24/7 will loose interest in dhs, and then coming to the already very close collapse of dhs. then scso would get bored of patrolling empty roads no one does crime on and then you have people leaving scso. your city pd’s will be the only depts with actual members and everything else will start to fade.

if city pd’s are implemented it’d need to be like how ridgeway and mayflower structured it. state police, sheriffs office, and city pd’s where state police and sheriff’s office are county/statewide and the city pd’s are in their city. this would remove dhs and fbi which would make more sense in a way.

4 Likes

This is an interesting idea for V3, personally I would think it’s great because of the vast terrain in V3, not sure what units are being added into city departments, but I think it’s a great way to start out your law enforcement career

1 Like

This sounds like a very cool idea. Not only will you get more opportunities when it comes to law enforcement, but it’ll really make municipalities important and give them a huge reason to be looked at.

3 Likes

Honestly I like the idea. City PD’s could be a good start before people join FSP and SCSO after POST. Also considering the new tasks of SCSO it would also make sure that they aren’t going to be unnecessary.

It would be helpful for FSP and SCSO as they their distances can get smaller to drive sometimes. If these small depts get CV’s I will get one of these and marry the CV.

3 Likes

County sheriffs IRL are allowed to patrol city roads (Atleast in my area) aswell, they dont just sit up in the mountains.

I see this happening currently in V2, so I dont know if your saying it will be worse or if it will get better if the city police departments are added into V3, could you please clarify a bit, just confused by that statement.

Once again, County sheriffs would more than likely be allowed to still patrol city streets, the point of adding these departments is so resources dont spread thin while on a bank robbery or a shooting.

I do agree with this stattemnet

This isnt to bash you, just need clarifications or just providing my imput.

3 Likes

DIs regaurd, reread what I put and what fed put I see where your coming from @Flam_ed

1 Like

im just going off of what fed has said in the past and what he said in this post. and as of now no ones leaving scso, in fact scso is currently gaining more members at a very high volume. dhs is loosing individuals slowly due to the fact ever since io’s abolishment dhs is nothing special and were practically useless, especially with us loosing some of the top people in this state to other depts

2 Likes

Ye noticed that now, my bad brother

1 Like

If you have 3 PDs what if like 1 municipality ends up like HV is now, dead?

1 Like

If the cities are big enough then yeah it’s worth creating city PDs.

1 Like

or at least have the PDs responsible for several other things within their jurisdiction like parks and possibly like protection of say certain council or county buildings within the district.

1 Like

Maybe with this, make it so the city police departments are “Starter Departments” instead of FSP/SCSO

5 Likes

I personally feel that this would result in too many law enforcement agencies. I think the current system would work well enough. More law enforcement agencies will only continue adding to the cop-centric aesthetic the group already has. Correct me if I’m wrong, but cities don’t really have that many of their own laws anyway. I think there’s probably better ways to give municipal governments greater purpose. I’m not against city departments as a principle, but city PDs just seem unnecessary to me.

9 Likes

There wouldn’t be enough leos all throughout to spread across diffrent agencies.

and who would wanna join arborfield pd

2 Likes

Hi

So most certainly with the sheer scale of v3, SCSO won’t be able to cover all of V3,

HOWEVER

With municipal law enforcement, how do we ensure the equal distribution of enforcement with such a small player cap (70-100) while all other state operations (dot,dpw,scso,fsp,fbi,dhs, etc). Having proportions such as 30 leos to 10 PEs to 30 civs just does not work…
(This was terribly written sorry)

Next, do we trust municipal governments to handle these departments appropriately? In my opinion, municipal leos should be governed by county but thats just me

Anyways, thats all from me

And yes I support as long as we have a very very large player cap (120-150)

2 Likes

While this is a good idea I think it’s not wise to add 3 more law enforcement agencies. Thisgamr focuses too much on “cops and robbers” and smaller/less important departments such as FDOT ,FDOA, FDPW, SCFD and businesses get little attention. I think Firestone works just fine with the aw enforcement agencies it had right now, but I’d assume the PD’s would be the starter department for people looking for a career in other LEAs like SCSO FSP DHS FBI. I don’t see the point in these departments, as right now the current law enforcement agencies handle quite well and enforce the law quite well. I do think that a local PD could help with police-civilians relations and public relations, but that would require police officers with a different mindset that want to serve their cities, and enforce the law fairly. Also redwood would be the City with the most attention and employees, as most of the crime takes place there. I’d assume these departments would be secondary.

1 Like

I think arborfield PD would be a good starter law enforcement agency, like DOT and DPW are the starter departments for a lot of people. Also PD’s lime redwood might ask for more stuff (divisions,. tactical equipment, slicktop and undercover cars etc).

3 Likes

I Support the making of police Departments

1 Like

Yeah but redwood PD for example will be a really important LEA and they might end up asking for more stuff. Also I don’t think we should just toss FBI and DHS aside like their useless, instead find them a better purpose maybe.

1 Like

I do think that city police departments are very cool and would make our state have a better reputation. We are a very realistic state and have good roleplay. I feel like if we added city police departments then our state will be more realistic which would make more people from across the platform want to play the game which would increase our play count.

2 Likes