Charter Amendment to Implement the Oath of Office in the City Charter

1. The Office of Alderman BaconLaw12

2. Charter Amendment to Implement the Oath of Office in the City Charter

1. Preamble

2. WHEREAS, there are a few different versions of the oath of office currently, therefore the oath of office should be implemented into the city charter for easier access and to establish an official oath of office within the City of Redwood.

• Be it enacted by the City of Redwood City Council that:
  • Section 1

1. The Redwood City Charter (“the City Charter”) shall be defined through its Trello card.
  2. A Bill to Revise the Oath of Office shall be defined here.
  • Section 1A

1. A Bill to Revise the Oath of Office shall be considered null/void.
  • Section 2

1. Article VIII of the City Charter shall be created and shall state “Article VIII - Oath of Office
    1. “Section 1. Oath of Office Requirements,” shall state, “Individuals elected, appointed, have entered through another form of venue–a government office or hold the title of “candidate(s)” under the City of Redwood shall be required to take an Oath of Office as prescribed under the constitution. This shall be in the form of either a non-religious or religious oath. The oath shall be administered and recited in a ROBLOX game, discord text/venue or through a Trello Card. Any candidate who has not taken the oath of office prescribed under the constitution shall not be considered to have assumed office unless twenty-four (24) hours have passed since their election, appointment, or other venues of entering such office, in which the candidate shall be considered to have taken the oath of office. The Chairman of the City Council, assuming they’re legally an Alderperson, and law enforcement in the Redwood City Police department shall not exclude the Chief of Police shall be exempt from taking the oath of office.
  1. Section 2 of Article VIII shall state “Section 2. Oath of Office

2. Section 2. Oath of Office shall state, “Individuals who choose to take the religious oath shall recite the following oath; “I, [name], solemnly swear that I will support the Charter of the City of Redwood and that I will faithfully perform the duties of the office on which I am about to enter with fidelity, so help me God.” Any Individuals who wish to take the non-religious oath shall recruit the following oath; “I, [name], solemnly swear that I will support the Charter of the City of Redwood and that I will faithfully perform the duties of the office on which I am about to enter with fidelity.””

3. Section 3 of Article VIII shall state “Section 3. Who Shall recite the oath

4. Section 3. Who Shall recite the oath shall state, “The Mayor (or Deputy Mayor in succession of the former Mayor) shall recite the oath to the County Executive. The Deputy Mayor-elect shall recite their oath to the Mayor. An Alderperson-elect shall recite their oath to the Council Chairperson or the Mayor. A member of the City’s executive branch shall recite their oath to the Mayor. If, for any reason, a candidate is unable to recite their oath to their respective individual, then such candidate may recite their oath to a judge or justice of the State of Firestone. The Council Chairperson, upon his or her confirmation, shall not be required to recite the oath of office assuming that they are legally an Alderperson. Law enforcement officers of the Police Department, except for the Chief of Police, shall be exempt from this bill. The Mayor may relieve any candidate of reciting the oath of office through written declaration if such candidate is not a presumed mayor, deputy mayor, alderperson or first-in-command of an office or department of the City.”

• Section 3

1. This legislation shall go into effect immediately upon passing the legal processes as described by the City Charter.

1. Respectfully submitted to the City of Redwood City Council,

2. CHIEF SPONSOR
  3. Alderman, BaconLaw12

• CO-SPONSOR(S)

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.