Brandishing a Firearm needs to be revised

Currently, the law states at the bottom ‘(b) Law enforcement personnel on duty shall be exempt from this Section.’

That is a terrible idea. So, technically, a officer could go rouge and do crime. He could draw is firearm and threaten or intimidate an individual with it. Many law enforcement personnel misuse their firearms and use it as a threatening tactic to have their way. It should be 'not apply to any person engaged in excusable or justifiable self-defense. ’ or something of that nature. Like law enforcement personnel are to use reasonable judgement.

Law enforcement point firearms at people as if they are toys. here is a perfect example; https://gyazo.com/9c7e35e121edda5f316259311cf2654d

I am simply going to the FNG checkpoint, and guns are pointed at my brain.

2 Likes

“On-duty law enforcement personnel shall be exempt from this legislation should they be aiming a firearm at a suspect in order to detain them.

4 Likes

Then I guess that means that MP officer broke a law? Many leos do this, especially DHS. I would like the link to the law, this MDT needs to be updated. https://trello.com/c/gKBadnOl/44-4-unlawfully-brandishing-a-firearm

2 Likes

how about you get your head out of your ass and stop baiting cops/guards into doing stuff just to report them

7 Likes

Oh, actually I was reading the wrong law. I didn’t realize they had rewritten it for the criminal code. The original law only allowed LEOs to brandish firearms in order to detain suspects.

2 Likes

Believe it or not, threatening someone is illegal. In fact, it’s the same class (Misdemeanor A) as brandishing.

4 Likes

I second this. You do this so much. That clip you provided proves our point.

Maybe they had their gun out cause they saw you coming towards the base at mach 5?

Ever think about that?

No. You didn’t. Because you’re ignorant.

7 Likes

Well you see, when you drive to the checkpoint where you have no authorization to because you have a clearance that only permits you to when you are in danger and FNG hasn’t declared the base a safe spot, yeah, I will aim my gun at you and tell you to leave

11 Likes

probably assault, negligent misuse, and criminal threats

2 Likes

I personally see both sides, i see the point of the fng person telling him to leave. But I also see the criminal issue in it. I personally think it everyone cfl, leo didn’t go to firearms as much it would be better.

4 Likes

First off, you can’t even read, I didn’t report them, I was using it as an example. I didn’t even post her name or callsign. She/He is a great person in this community, and I have no problem with them.

Secondly, I was not ‘baiting’, I was falsely arrested by an MP officer and I went to their base to get his name and callsign, how about you stop being a suck up and actually read?

2 Likes

Send me evidence of me posting a clip about a leo on this forum and I’ll give you a dollar.

When? Where? Exactly.

What does that even mean? My only point on this post is leos should not be able to brandish firearms. You leos are being toxic, you can screw off.

Yeah, okay. that’s why you can give examples.

2 Likes

That is a checkpoint, I was not trespassing, and I was no threat. I drove up to the checkpoint at 40 SPS. And yes, I have no authorization, but anyone can go to a fng checkpoint, MP/FNG can deny you access, and if you refuse to leave it becomes loitering. But until that point, you are breaking no law.

You are MP, FNG, you protect and serve us, so why would you point a gun at a guy going to a checkpoint? feel free to tell me to leave, but the gun is not necessary

2 Likes

Ah, okay. well in my opinion this law rlly needs to be revised because leos open carry and aim at people wayyy to often.

2 Likes

you cant go red in french

no.

4 Likes

some people are fucking stupid like jesus christ god help me, i can’t stand this shit anymore

5 Likes

You’re clearly new to this community then. We have our gun out because based on what criminals do you will most likely get out of the car and shoot us up.

7 Likes

Mans can’t even spell rogue correctly, he said red in french :joy:

8 Likes

You roll up to a military base and expect to not get any guns pointed at you? Right.

8 Likes

After reading this 2-4 times I don’t see any part where he is complaining about the National guard or being toxic. All I see is a firestone citizen asking a questions about a law because he has a questions and his opinion on it I don’t understand why people are attacking him. well that’s just my opinion

5 Likes