Ballistic Gear for SCFD

Earlier today, myself and two other member’s of SCFD responded to a shooting via the request of a trooper. Well, in the middle of it, we realized departments IRL wear ballistic gear to these types of events. This was brought up by myself, after an observation I made watching my department IRL conduct active shooter drills. During my time with the SCFD, which is more than a year and a half, I’ve had to respond to many calls that would justify and even sometimes require use of ballistics gear. Such as the riots that occurred in Redwood after the BLM riots in Minneapolis began. Along with that, countless shootings where LEO’s have requested us. Thank you and please consider this idea.

5 Likes

yes!!! scfd bearcat

5 Likes

literally the most useless thing scfd could be having right now

8 Likes

if they were to implement ballistic gear i’d assume this would also require additional changes beyond modifications to uniform regulations, such as new training courses for tactical medics. if they were to introduce tactical medics i think it’d be better off having tactical team members who possess med certifications serving as tactical medics instead of relying on SCFD to provide them.

4 Likes

scfd bearcat woooo

3 Likes

We already have BCCC courses, otherwise known as TCCC. However this shouldnt be required to have the proper PPE… either way my department and every other department with ballistic gear doesnt require BCCC to stand behind an ambulance.

3 Likes

funny enough my IRL department has a bearcat lol

5 Likes

idk, it’d add to realism. have you seen the amount of shootings we stage for?

3 Likes

Not a bad idea…

6 Likes

scfd bearcat becomes DPW bearcat
DPW emergency response team is a go

3 Likes

wouldn’t be a bad idea but let’s prioritize essential functions over situational equipment

6 Likes

would you like to elaborate? we already have functions for alot of things

2 Likes

not even LEOs have real bulletproof vests, i doubt the founders will give SCFD them

4 Likes

there will be no tactical medics ever implemented into the scfd, as a 3yr vet i can assure you TEMS was shutdown years and years ago by fed himself, there is no need for ballistic equipment.

3 Likes

I’d rather have the devs focus on v3 development than this. It’s not a regular thing and most cops don’t call you out for shootings.

2 Likes

my guy, tactical EMS is a unicorn in the fire service, so tell me why the vast majority of departments have ballistic gear if the vast majority dont have TEMS? ill tell you why, because theres no correlation. regardless of the existence of TEMS, fire/EMS will ALWAYS be called upon to respond to shootings until the police begin to form their own medical detachments. and regardless, the SCFD still gets called to shootings, so why wouldnt there be a need for ballistics gear? even if the shooting is perceived as over theres still a police perimeter if SCFD or SCMS is treating someone. why do you think this is? so cops can waste time and jack each other off? no, its because just that you’ve taken out one threat doesnt mean another will arise, so if we’re inside of a building that just got shot up treating someone, give a valid reason as to why we wouldnt be wearing protective equipment in the event another shooting sparks up.(hint: you cant)

2 Likes

a) V3 isnt coming for awhile regardless if they only focus on that b) yes they do lol, if they dont then was i on acid when they called us today?

2 Likes

I said it wasn’t a REGULAR THING

2 Likes

what do you think an OUV is? lol outer uniform vest, it has plates. even then if you arent wearing an OUV you have a vest with plates under your shirt

1 Like

shootings arent regular irl, and departments irl still have ballistic gear. my old department literally never got any form of shooting, maybe bi annual at most. and they still put an emphasis on it. either way, whats the issue with having better stuff for a more realistic rp?

2 Likes