Ballistic Gear for SCFD

There is no issue for more realistic rp but it’s not needed as of now.

2 Likes

v3 aint happening

4 Likes

You are taught to stage two blocks away in the safe zone, and only to enter once LEOs would give you the green light meaning it’s safe.

If you used any of your SCFD knowledge you’d know ballistic equipment isn’t necessary, a Casualty Collection Point (CCP) would be established two+ blocks away as a secure zone for patient evacuation. SCFD would coordinate with tactical units/general LEOs for transportation, ideally, the bearcat for its armor and capacity.

The entire point of staging away from the scene, and having a secured area to treat.

SCFD would not be in the proximity at all if the scene isn’t completely secured, EVEN if secured a CCP is established for safety.

3 Likes

if you aren’t bccc or 9th med you should not be in a hotzone. like ever.

3 Likes

just wait until the scene is clear leo’s usually hold off medical until its clear for them to start treating

2 Likes

swag if you used any form of common sense you would realize just because LEO’s have a perimeter doesnt mean another shooting cant arise, and just because youre within said perimeter doesnt mean the bullets wont travel through. either way, even irl where we stage two blocks from the shooting, we still wear our ballistic gear, we still keep it on even when patient treatment is considered indirect threat care.

2 Likes

irl we wait for the scene to be cleared just like on robloc, and irl we still wear our ballistic gear even when the scene was cleared for us to move in. so why not make the rp’s more realistic?

2 Likes

you shouldnt be going into the hotzone period unless your a tactical medic, and i agree. but thats regardless of the point. shit, irl the only people who go into the hotzone are the guys on our tacmed team. but we still wear our ballistic gear regardless if its direct threat care or indirect threat care.

3 Likes

also, what do you mean my uniform regulation modifications? the vest would just go over your duty shirt and the helmet would just go on your head same as a fire helmet

2 Likes

regulations as to how and when you can wear the gear

2 Likes

ah, well essentially when you go to a call where the potential of being shot is increased, you would don it. it’d pretty much be the same as putting on bunker gear for a fire or gloves for a medical

2 Likes

I’ve never seen SCFD stage for a shooting, it wouldn’t be used if it was added

2 Likes

Idk, I’m neutral on this.

2 Likes

by the time scfd gets there all the units have left the scene and gsws aren’t rped usually.

ballistic gear is literally the most useless thing i have ever seen requested that doesn’t help scfds current motivation problem.

3 Likes

The issue is, SCFD shouldn’t be responding to hot zones, as outlined by cherry, only TCCC and 9th should really be doing that… as that is what they are trained to do.

In all fairness, this is actually the LEOs fault to call SCFD into hot zones, they should make sure an area is properly secured before calling SCFD in… if they need to they can even page tactical units like SWAT or CRT to secure the area, you will also find quite a few SWAT and CRT are TCCC trained and able to help if the area is still hot and a patient need extraction.

3 Likes

there’s so much other stuff scfd needs before this

2 Likes

You’ve also gotta realize, a lot of departments don’t have the funding necessary to do this. I honestly, don’t see a purpose for this, besides aesthetic/cosmetic. A good alternative for this is to stage until the scene is safe for non-armed services.

1 Like

Not needed at all imo, waste of time

2 Likes

Anyway you shouldn’t be at dangerous zones without LEOs clearing it or being there to protect you, right? In my country at least, they have to wait like a mile away until a police officer confirms the scene is safe

2 Likes

please not tems v2

2 Likes