Automationeer for House of Representatives (Nov/20)

FOR A BETTER FIRESTONE

I. INTRODUCTION

Hello. My name is Automationeer (formerly known as ElliottLMz) and I am announcing my candidacy for the House of Representatives in the November Special Elections #1.

I respect the will of the people and work to increase trust and faith in our democratic system. I will act in the best interests of my constituents and the state.

I will protect the fundamental freedoms of speech and assembly and the right to bear arms. I will work with departments and businesses to ensure their government supports them as best as possible.

My priorities in office will be working with businesses, departments, and municipalities to ensure their state provides everything it can for them.

II. HISTORY & QUALIFICATIONS

I joined Firestone in 2016, coming originally from The Robloxian Cops; at the time I was young and (frankly, a bit stupid) and so I did not participate heavily in the community, apart from being in FDOC for a short period.

During lockdown, I returned to Firestone and in the last few months, I have built a strong resume. I am currently the Chairman of Firestone News Network and a Board of Advisors member for the State Department. I also serve as the Vice-Chairman of the Firestone Conservative Party.

Previously, I was a Bar Certified Attorney and worked as the legal counsel for Bank of Redwood. I also founded the Firestone Broadcasting Company and served as its executive director and chairman until its merger with FNN.

I served in the Arborfield City Council and as the Arborfield City Attorney from July 2020 until September 2020. In that time, I worked on key legislation and discussed ideas like creating a ‘criminal code’ for Arborfield. Unfortunately, many of my plans were unfeasible due to the lack of recognition and power municipal governments hold.

I am passionate and enthusiastic about Firestone, determined to see a high level of quality in everything I do. My full resume can be viewed here.

III. AGENDA & PROPOSED LEGISLATION

If elected to the house, I will fulfill my duty to serve my constituents and to act in the best interest of the State of Firestone. I will be open and accessible to any citizen and be willing to help them in any way I can or answer questions they may have.

If elected, I will push for the following legislation or agendas:

• Jail time reduction: This house has reduced jail times, however I will work with my fellow representatives to further tweak jail times to see a proper balance of roleplay from criminals and LEOs alike; this is something that will benefit everyone.

• Protection of rights: I will protect the people’s right to bear arms and the freedom of speech and assembly.

• Eliminating Bureaucracy: While it, on paper, creates more jobs, having a ‘big government’ in Firestone is counter-productive to the wider community. I support the dissolution of the Department of Defense and will campaign for a restructuring of the bureaucracy and civil service.

• Government Transparency: Governments are elected to serve citizens. As such, they should be as transparent as reasonably possible. I will work with departments and pass legislation to protect freedom of information and to enable and encourage departments, agencies, and lower governments to boost their community engagement and public accountability.

• Business Support: I will work with business owners and employees and will serve them as well as well as any other of my constituency. I applaud the congress for finally getting around to passing legislation to protect businesses against employee impersonation and trespass.

• Municipal Government: As a previous city councilor, I know firsthand the lack of recognition and independence held by our municipalities. Municipal government is where nearly every politician starts from, and it is not adequately preparing them for higher office, which leads to many politicians with lots of experience but insufficient preparation for state-level office.

• Serving Citizens: I will be open to any suggestions for legislation submitted by Firestone citizens. While I can’t guarantee every suggestion will be made into a bill, or for that matter, passed as law, I will still consider every suggestion.

IV. QUESTIONS

I have an open-door policy. Anyone may DM me on Discord (Elliott#1337) or ask a question under this campaign post. I strive to respond to and, in detail, answer any questions about my candidacy.

Thank you for taking the time to read my speech. I hope I can count on your support.

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Much support. Great man.

Signed
The Hon. Wolf_RBX, Esq.

3 Likes

Give this man a chance, I do consider him a promising candidate and in all honesty, he has constructive plans going along with this campaign. Yes, I know he has been associated with some fiasco involving treasonous activity but the fact that this situation I speak of hasn’t been appropriately settled in regard to evidence and relevant facts, he should not be undermined and instead given a chance to execute these plans that he has presented in this very thread. Hold him to that standard and see if he can act with competence in this office he is running for.

5 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Support.

3 Likes

for his past issues, i do not support. but the past is the past, we do not bring up the past. i know this man, he’s a good man.

i show full support for this candidate. god speed

4 Likes

Supported by Tacxsy!

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Now I’ve already supported but I’d like to say a few words. For the purposes of myself, Auto will be referred to by his previous name, Elliot. Elliot is one of the kindest, funniest and most dedicated people in the State. Elliot is quite possibly the best candidate not only among the current candidates, but in the top of all. He’s helped everyone during hard times and never went back on a promise. Campaign promises may seem like a lie when written by some people, but I can assure you Elliot’s are not. He will do what he plans and he will make the State better. I’d recommend supporting him.

Signed
OliverSteph
Speaker pro tempore

3 Likes

Support.

3 Likes

Support, lower jail times

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

support!

3 Likes

Support.

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

didn’t you propose your own expulsion and then resign

2 Likes

quoting previous explanation

the situation was incredibly complex, but here’s a rough timeline of events

[a rep] filed for expulsion of me and another rep (can’t remember his name) for the same (legally invalid) reasons (w/o proof). we both did entirely different things.

i thought the expulsion would have been legit w/o a reason or proof so i created two seperate expulsions (one for me, one for the other rep) to allow for a due process

i had been told by a few pepole that i was likely going to get expelled. i was still unaware of the legal process for expulsion (including requirement for proof and good reasoning). i was later told that no, i probably wouldn’t have been expelled if it went to vote.

i had been mislead and mislead into resigning, having been given incorrect advice and being unaware of the legal context

it was only after the resignation had i been told that (1) the expulsion was not legally valid and (2) it likely would have failed if it had came to a vote.

this incident happened 2 months ago and was a major mistake on my part which i have learned from and moved on from, as have many of the people involved in the situation.

3 Likes

ok!

good luck O_O

/s/ Hecxtro
Lt. Governor

3 Likes