An Other Amendment to "An Ordinance to Better the Oath of Office"

An Other Amendment to “An Ordinance to Better the Oath of Office”

Preamble: This amendment will preserve and protect democracy in the District of Prominence.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE DISTRICT OF PROMINENCE COUNCIL HERE ASSEMBLED THAT,

SECTION 1

“An Ordinance to Better the Oath of Office” shall be defined here.

SECTION 2

Section 2 of “An Ordinance to Better the Oath of Office” currently states,

“Individuals who are selected to serve as a government official of the District of Prominence within the Executive Branch or Legislative Branch of the District, whether that be through appointment, nomination, election, or another manner, shall be required to take an oath of office before they may execute their duties. The District Chairperson’s office shall be exempt from this requirement, as the individual holding this position already took an oath when they became a Councilman.”

Section 2 of “An Ordinance to Better the Oath of Office” shall now state,

“Individuals who are selected to serve as a government official of the District of Prominence within the Executive Branch or Legislative Branch of the District, whether that be through appointment, nomination, election, or another manner, shall be required to take an oath of office before they may execute their duties. The District Chairperson’s office shall be exempt from this requirement, as the individual holding this position already took an oath when they became a Councilmember.”

SECTION 3

Section 3 of “An Ordinance to Better the Oath of Office” currently states,

“Individuals who are to work within the District of Prominence in either the legislative or executive branch of the District shall have the choice between the following two oaths:

i. “I [NAME] do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the District Charter of the District of Prominence against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter, so help me God.”

ii. “I [NAME] do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the District Charter of the District of Prominence against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter.””

Section 3 of “An Ordinance to Better the Oath of Office” shall now state,

“Individuals who are to work within the District of Prominence in either the legislative or executive branch of the District shall have the choice between the following two oaths:

i. “I, [NAME], do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the District Charter of the District of Prominence against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter, so help me God.”

ii. “I, [NAME], do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the District Charter of the District of Prominence against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter.””

SECTION 4

Section 3A of “An Ordinance to Better the Oath of Office” currently states,

“Individuals who are to work within the Legislative Branch of the District shall recite this oath to the District Chairperson at either a session of the District Council or at another publicly accessible location, such as in the Discord of the District of Prominence or on a Trello board of the District of Prominence. Should the office of the District Chairperson not be occupied, they may recite the oath to the Mayor of the District of Prominence or Acting Mayor should there be one. Should the office of the Mayor not be occupied, they may recite the oath to the Prominence District Attorney."

Section 3A of “An Ordinance to Better the Oath of Office” shall now state,

“Individuals who are to work within the Legislative Branch of the District shall recite this oath to the District Chairperson at either a session of the District Council or at another publicly accessible location, such as in the Discord of the District of Prominence or on a Trello board of the District of Prominence. Should the office of the District Chairperson not be occupied or should the District Chairperson otherwise be unavailable, they may recite the oath to the Mayor of the District of Prominence or Acting Mayor should there be one. Should the office of the Mayor not be occupied, they may recite the oath to the Prominence District Attorney."

SECTION 5

Section 4A of “An Ordinance to Better the Oath of Office” currently states,

“Individuals who are to work within the Executive Branch of the District, except the Mayor(-elect), shall recite this oath to the Mayor of the District of Prominence (or Acting Mayor should there be one) at either a session of the District Council or at another publicly accessible location, such as in the Discord of the District of Prominence or on a Trello board of the District of Prominence.”

Section 4A of “An Ordinance to Better the Oath of Office” shall now state,

“Individuals who are to work within the Executive Branch of the District, except the Mayor(-elect), shall recite this oath to the Mayor of the District of Prominence (or Acting Mayor should there be one) at either a session of the District Council or at another publicly accessible location, such as in the Discord of the District of Prominence or on a Trello board of the District of Prominence. Should the office of the Mayor of the District of Prominence be vacant or should the Mayor of the District of Prominence otherwise be unavailable, the oath may be recited to the Prominence District Attorney.

SECTION 6

Section 5 of “An Ordinance to Better the Oath of Office” currently states,

“All Oaths shall be recited within 24 (twenty-four) hours of an individual taking office to the designated officials as stated in Section 3A, 3B, 4A, and:or 4B.”

Section 5 of “An Ordinance to Better the Oath of Office” shall now state,

“All Oaths shall be recited within forty-eight (48) hours of an individual taking office to the designated officials as stated in Section 3A, 3B, 4A, and 4B. Should an individual fail to recite the necessary oath in the given timeframe, they shall not be permitted to discharge the powers and duties of their office until they do.

SECTION 7

This District Ordinance shall go into effect immediately upon passing the legal processes as described by the District Charter.

Respectfully submitted to the District Council of the District of Prominence.

CHIEF SPONSOR

Councilmember T_xom

COSPONSOR(S)

This topic was automatically closed after 2 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.