An Open letter to Governor Floatmanjason and Lt Governor Stamose

Doesn’t mean we are. I see at least 2-3 troopers on when I patrol. Granted we are a smaller department right now, we also have school and most of us have a EST schedule so there isn’t a way for us to get on 24/7. If you were to look on the FSP trello boards, you’d find the occasional inactive but more on active or on loa. That is why we aren’t seen often including being in our jurisdiction more. Granted there are like 5-10 SCSO on, you’d find them typically in Redwood and you’d find like 0-1 FSP in Redwood as well. Finally, if you’ve been in a department within V2 (which I know you have), you know how repetitive it is to be as well really in any department. In conclusion, we aren’t inactive, you just tend to be ingame when we either are not ingame due to irl circumstances or you’re not ingame when there are 4-5 of us on duty.

2 Likes

Idrc cuz this irrelevant to the thread but
Plenty of students are scientists, I’ve done plenty of independent and joint research - you don’t need a degree to be published

4 Likes

I can tell you EXACTLY why FSP is FAILING as a department when it should be THRIVING.

Everything that would attract you to join FSP has been utterly raped and pillaged. You used to have the SPU which was some unmarked traffic goons. Maybe not necessary, but was being reworked before it got canned by Fed. Unmarked cars. Not only were unmarked cars ultimately restricted to only the elites in FSP, but EVERY other LE department has gotten unmarked cars. Why wouldn’t I just go to SCSO where I can go be a swat dude if I want. I can behave like a brickhead and face no repercussions. I get to drive one of the fastest LE cars in the game and have jurisdiction over the most populated area in the game. The benefits for joining FSP are minimal. SCSO hires everyone who turns up at the door. Why would I apply to FSP?

Not only this, but also they’re just not hiring. I hate to say it but nobody worth their salt wants to spend 30-60 minutes doing a roblox application anymore. I certainly don’t.

Everyone that was once cool in FSP has been swiped up by the superior departments. FBI, DHS, etc. have robbed FSP of every likeable character.

ASU is kind of a shell of its former self.

Too many people are leaving and nobody is really good enough to replace them.

A ton of their higher ups are just checked out. I spoke to a certain higher up in FSP not too long ago and they know they’re incredibly short staffed but just cba to do anything about it.

point is that FSP has literally no draw to it. I can do everything I can do in FSP and much more in every other department.

9 Likes

ghengis kahn visits fsp gone wrong

3 Likes

in fact your both still wrong @tow23er

according to several dictionaries a scientist is “: a person learned in science and especially natural science :”… I am learned in several areas of natural science thus according to the definition I am a scientist…

3 Likes

Gonna go off-topic here for a second. Unless you like patrolling highways and a few other roads in the game and flying helicopters, FSP does not have much to offer. However, I think that the people they hire are less likely to screw up than those employed in something like SCSO. But that may have a correlation to the number of employees in both departments. And in terms of FNG or DHS being more prestigious than FSP or SCSO, I agree with that. A lot of the people who are employed by FNG or DHS are not spring chickens. They have been around for some time and have gotten some experience. To me, where you get that experience doesn’t matter as much. Whether you are in SCSO or FSP you are still responding to the same calls, and dealing with the same things. At the end of the day, FSP needs more things that appeal to POST certs to join. SCSO offers more and is easier to get into. But, I do not think that FSP should lower its standards for the sole purpose of hiring more people.

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, I have done this in the past and I openly admit it, and since then I have been denied each application intake and my popularity with these departments has diminished, DHS, FNG, and FBI alike. Every department isn’t perfect obviously, but I feel no one critiques these departments because of the backlash they receive. I’m sure we can all learn things from each other, we just need to stop bashing on other departments because it’s done different.

3 Likes

everyone knows DHS, FNG, FBI are the crème de la crème. Compared to the other two major LE departments its clear to see. Regardless of how those departments run, FSP just doesn’t have anything to offer. It has been stripped of all its unique qualities.

3 Likes

I honestly agree, everything you can do in FSP can be taken further in other departments just because there’s more for them to do.

I know Command wants to anything to keep people in the department but they can’t do much if:

1. Little to no one puts effort into their application
  2. Nothing to entice people into the department

you’re*

2 Likes

stop he’s a scientist :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

6 Likes

the only thing active about fsp is literally asu which is still dead

great writing, gah bless

1 Like

That is a completely false and derogatory statement. The opposite is shown during our recent intakes.

3 Likes

Derogatory.

2 Likes

i liked it better when fsp hired anyone who could walk…

6 Likes

yes but then we have idiots who would enter the department

1 Like

Everyone has idiots that get in, even DHS time to time

3 Likes

I think it’s because fsp doesn’t hire black ppl. Even tho the colonel is black, he is very racist against black ppl

4 Likes

Not really sure how you find having SCSO on your resume is a bad thing. If you even paid the slightest bit of attention to SCSO you would know we just went through some command promotions AND an entire remake of our application. To be frank, the most I’ve ever heard about DOA in the last 16 or so months I’ve been in Firestone was when Envelope left it. We are constantly changing and experimenting and it’s a work in progress. Not sure how mentioning any of what you did proves a point, but boy did you get us good :roll_eyes:

4 Likes