An Open letter to Governor Floatmanjason and Lt Governor Stamose

did you get banged by a car or something? why are you saying this kind of thing? are you able to substantiate that?

3 Likes

Indeed I am cute. ANYWAY, the point is, ANG and ASU are on the contrary but ANG tends to be more popular because you can easily apply and all that, nonetheless you can apply in ASU but you would need to be in FSP for a certain amount of time. Okay enough talk about relation with ANG and asu because I’m not trying to beef any department

There’s no need to lie to yourself Sergeant.

5 Likes

Sad, y’all missing out on my cuteness, and yes I do like adding humor to make the mood lighten up

My apologies Toasty. I did not mean to sound rude to try to devolve this into a Unneeded Department War. I’ve seen enough of those back in V1.

ANG is just a new Department trying to find its footing and because of that we have stepped on FSP: ASU’s toes without intending to.

1 Like

Anyone can apply to join FSP… so your point saying “anyone can apply to ANG” is pretty dumb, if anything ANG is harder to get into then FSP because you have to have to have some kind of experience.

ASU seems to be the biggest issue with FSP at the moment in my opinion, when I have a vast number of people telling me it’s been 6 months or longer since utilising SR, and having to bed units to change from ground patrol to MR in order to do medivacs when it’s a huge part of RP situations. It’s making me loose faith, the only reason all of DHS ops havent gone to ANG is because 1. Founders do not want that 2. ANG/FNG doesn’t want that.

You guys have failed to show up after pages to the point we no longer even bother. We cant trust ASU to have our backs on ops that we plan so now you guys don’t even get invited surely you have all noticed ASUs insane inactivity? Sure it may be picking up ever so slightly now but that’s only because you got called out by people when ANG was added (IMHO

10 Likes

The Firestone State Patrol has been on a steady decline over the last year in which Colonel Ftlicious has been instated. On top of giving Troopers less of a reason to be motivated (such as removing milestone rewards, creating a failed quota system for mass patrols and training, etc.), he has not been active enough within the community nor built a very good reputation with other and previous employees. On top of that, he hasn’t made the community as a whole any better. Every day behind the scenes, the State Patrol community gets quieter and quieter. Not a single improvement to policy has been made since February 2021, when quotas were changed. In fact, the quota change to only one hour per week was probably one of the last significant appeals that gave Troopers any incentive to not move to another department. Yet any incentive for Troopers to continue within the department, let alone join it, has been diminished. On top of a dying community, Colonel Ftlicious further pushed us back by kicking out previous troopers, important non-FSP members, and even previous command like ex-Colonel Davidtiy from the communications server because of petty disagreements. At this point, one could even call it a way to scare Troopers out of leaving in fear of losing communications with the rest of the FSP community. An authoritarian rule is not what we need. Code_Law, by no means, was he a great Colonel, but at least he kept the community active and made the state patrol fun. We were hoping that Colonel Ftlicious would continue this trend while having more activity and experience. This has not occurred. Colonel Ftlicious has not done more for the department to increase our member count, nor has he made it any more appealing to potential Troopers. All we have left is a slowly decreasing status within the county.
With a decreasing status, a member drop, and less incentive to do more, why would people expect more from us?
It’s time the citizens of Firestone and our founders finally understand what’s going on behind the scenes and stop acting like the inactivity is the fault of our Troopers or Bronze Command. It’s the Command that the government has chosen. Either Colonel Ftlicious needs to be told to get his act together, or we will start fighting for a new Colonel.

Submitted by an anonymous Firestone State Patrol Trooper

3 Likes

That would be interesting and maybe, perhaps, even true. Unfortunately for your point however, ANG is not easier to get into. We have detailed applications with exceedingly high standards for acceptance, just like the rest of the Guard, along with high standards for our cadets after they enter the Basic Military Training Academy.

The comparisons between ASU and ANG stop at the fact we both have helicopters.

Now, on the topic of FSP. FSP is a department I’ve been in in the past, albeit for a short time. And, it can be a good department that has people flocking to it straight out of the doors of POST. Unfortunately, as Toastee has pointed out, leadership seem to have mixed up DHS’ success as a known, highly trained department with high standards for applicants as something that should be emulated by them. It is not.

FSP is a starter department, and they should embrace that fact. They have ASU, which should be somewhat as highly trained, simply in different areas. They should absolutely be taking a leaf out of SCSO’s book, or even having a concert on what works and what does not, which would likely even bring them closer.

Be a competitive employer, but understand that you can’t be so competitive that nobody wants you. And don’t come after my employees or my branch.

Signed,
Colonel Antador
Deputy Adjutant General, Firestone National Guard Bureau

14 Likes

There are 7 ASU and we are getting more applicants soon. And yes I mean my point with anyone can get into ANG thing because well, I meant in terms for applying. Anyway, point is, we got a lot of applications to wrap up with the possibility of I’d say like 20-25 at least. Could be more but I’m not gonna spend most of my time counting up how many we have left to work on

And since y’all wanted to talk about DPS cases, DHS gets nearly the same as SCSO… because of how active they are you expect it. If SCSO only had 40 people patrolling they probably wouldn’t get any complaints

4 Likes

I would like to point out that the Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office has a larger number of employees which has a factor in why the department has a larger number of Public Safety investigations against it. A lot of the investigations are also eventually dismissed or no reprimand is issued.

Yes, there are some instances where employees are reprimanded, however, that is superseded by the number of cases where reprimands are not issued.

There are also (on average) a much larger number of its employees in Stapleton County on patrol in comparison to the Firestone State Patrol which is another factor into their higher case rate.

The department maintains high enough standards within it to ensure that the code of conduct is followed. Yes, there will still always be the bad apples. That is why the standards that re upheld are under constant review.

The Sheriff’s Office’s standards aren’t the big issue here (not dismissing them entirely though).

1 Like

Well written letter. Awesome job on putting it out there. It’s what people have been thinking for a while now but no one has really spoken up about it.

9 Likes

Also to add on, at current, 11 out of the 31 applications to the Sheriff’s Office have been rejected. That’s around about 1/3 of their entire intake and the admissions process hasn’t even been concluded yet. It goes to show that they don’t sit around and choose quantity over quality. They have a large influx.

1 Like

Hello, FSP Corporal and Admissions Officer here. We are all aware of the downward decline of FSP Employees and we are attempting to do things about it.
I think the main issue of FSP would be interest within the department. Why would you apply to FSP if SCSO is “easier” to get into? FSP isn’t a hard department to get into, it’s rather easy you just need to be completely honest and put effort in your application. If people actually did out effort in their applications then I assure you we would be having higher intakes however some people just want to get in with ease.
As also the Deputy Director of the new Public Information Team, we will be hosting numerous events and gain interest in the department over the next few weeks and months to hopefully engage the community and have more individuals apply and try each intake. If you have questions on the admissions process I’ll be sure to explain how it works and what standards should be met.

3 Likes

Wait till DHS apps in a few days where 3/4 fail hehe

5 Likes

I can agree with you on that with the bad apples part. I worked with scso with pretty much everything because they are common. They are pretty chill although we have the occasional that treat fsp like garbage but everyone has their dislikes. Anyway it would make sense then

That’s only the case because you have only experienced one Major General as I have hogged the position for far too long. Likes of Surreal beats me.

3 Likes

Bottom line is, I have nothing against any department and never will. I had that issue in the past when I was a wee little POST graduate awaiting my results from my FSP app. But I do intend to help fsp by my videos I make as they are pretty popular to say the least

1 Like

Absolutely agree with a lot of the points raised in this thread. FSP have dropped in activity, and the FSP Command have done little about it until recent when applications were opened.

I would however like to hear from FSP’s 3 Colonel’s on how it got so bad, and to hear what they plan to do to combat this.

Furthermore I think it’d be good to hear from the previous administration as well as the current administration, as to what made Governor Ninwin appoint the current Colonel, and as already asked, why the current Administration has done little about it so far.

3 Likes

We don’t have three colonels, one colonel and one ltc