An Amendment to Article II, Article VI, and VIII of the State of Firestone Constitution

BE IT ENACTED BY THE STATE OF FIRESTONE CONGRESS HERE ASSEMBLED THAT:

SECTION 1: Article II of the State of Firestone Constitution shall be amended.

SECTION 2: Article II, Section VI, Subsection I currently states, “Before entering office, the Governor and Lieutenant Governor of the State of Firestone shall take an oath of office administered by the Chief Justice of the State of Firestone, or an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court in their absence. If this oath is not administered within twenty-four hours, it will be considered automatically fulfilled."

SECTION 2A: Article II, Section VI, Subsection II currently states, “The oath of office shall read: “I [NAME] do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of Firestone against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God”. The plea “So help me God” may be included at the end of the oath of office if the Governor or Lieutenant Governor so wishes."

SECTION 3: Article II, Section VI, Subsection I shall be amended to state “Before entering office, the Governor and Lieutenant Governor of the State of Firestone shall take an oath of office administered by the Chief Justice of the State of Firestone, or an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court in their absence. If this oath is not administered within twenty-four hours, it will be considered automatically fulfilled. Members of the cabinet must also take this oath, administered by the Governor of the State of Firestone, or the Lieutenant Governor in their absence.”

SECTION 3A: Article II, Section VI, Subsection II shall be amended to state “The oath of office shall read: “I [NAME] do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of Firestone against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God”. The plea “So help me God” may be included at the end of the oath of office if the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, or member of cabinet so wishes.”

SECTION 4: Articles VI and VIII of the State of Firestone Constitution shall be repealed.

SECTION 5: This amendment shall go into effect upon completion of the constitutional process required for constitutional amendments.

Respectfully submitted to the Congress of the State of Firestone,

Chief Sponsors:

Governor FIoatmanjason

Lieutenant Governor Stamose

Senator CoolPilotCaio1

Secretary PatatoLaw

Co-sponsors:

Representative Cenosity

Representative Cooldubsub

Representative GeneralCount

Representative Robloxelsuper

Representative Lego0914

Representative ADMIRAL_RICKY

Senator JayhawkBosun

Senator NinWin1

Senator Automationeer, Esq.

Senator iiVortex_RBLX

Senator Cherrylimons

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.