Allow Felons to have jobs within the state (certain jobs)

Hello citizen! I think that felons should be allowed to run business. Last time we made a post about this the problem was that “I don’t want a criminal to run a taxi service because they’ll kidnap passengers and whack them” well what if criminals are allowed to do certain jobs like run a cook out or a store that sells legal stuff.

tl;dr let criminals have a cook out.

last time a criminal ran a cook out everyone was happy JUST LOOK AT THE THEM!

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

credit to cuxle, and ethanxxx1

8 Likes

I find it funny how DOT and DPW have stricter recruitment policies than POST. If someone has been arrested for a misdemeanour let’s say, should that really stop them from being a tow driver? I feel if they have been clean for a while there shouldn’t be a problem with a person with an arrest getting a job within DPW or DOT.

But yes an interesting idea.

7 Likes

Yeah, that would be a good addition. Support. Once a person been arrested, they basically can’t go into any job unless they expunge their record by court, and tbh, that’s hard work. Their only choice is to do more crimes. Instead, we can give them certain jobs that they can do instead of crime. Maybe there can be another way to expunge your record, like community service. Good idea.

2 Likes

Certain jobs like cook out yes sir.

3 Likes

sounds fun

2 Likes

Y E S!

2 Likes

IN THE NAME OF CHRIST HIMSELF

I SUPPORT

3 Likes

everyone gansta till philip poisons the burger

2 Likes

We will have dhs test our food before we sell them

3 Likes

What if you guys did community service

1 Like

They shouldn’t be allowed because they chose that path. Most laws in real life are here in FS.

1 Like

i mean we can’t really have people going on mass murdering sprees and selling you your morning coffee 10 minutes later

i’d support it being allowed if the felon hasn’t done crime in like a span of 2 weeks or so and are actively being a legal citizen

but if they’re an active felon no

1 Like

yea dpw and dot really take themselves way too seriously thats on juice
fdoa hires felons we dont care, because we are not imbeciles.

4 Likes

See this is why fdoa never had bad employees because felons r better cause they are

3 Likes

Felons who get released from jail in real life aren’t banned from working

3 Likes

I used to be in commerce, and I’ll say this: if I had the opportunity to lead commerce like I had before, I would definitely create a policy for this. I urge secretary @AlbusSkywalker to start on this. What we are forgetting is that after all, this is a game, and we want to make it enjoyable for everybody, including criminals. New businesses run by criminals would bring a new aspect to RP, and for the better.

Just look at Redwood taxi, they were more organized, and run MUCH better then all other legal businesses, and brought new RP to the game.

2 Likes

We are not asking for much, we just wanna try some new stuff. We know you don’t trust us with taxi service or security service because after all we are gonna kidnap passengers lol. We just wanna run like a food shack or a cook out for a while till they get boring.

2 Likes

Ok @Philip_Forth I know you just want to start a pizza place as a front for your coke and money laundering in the Italian mafia.

1 Like

i dont think im allowed to hire felons
also i was kinda cappin, fdoa isnt hiring rn anyways so felons pls do not dm me for a job

1 Like

In the United States, businesses are encouraged to hire felons as employing them helps them find a better path in society. If they could never get a job what do you think they are going to do? They are going to commit more crimes. The United States encourages businesses to hire felons for easy low paying jobs. I’m not saying they should be police officers but let them have a chance in society and help contribute by picking litter, being a cashier, or being a janitor.

I encourage for the allowment for business to hire felons as it allows them to re-enter society. I am not saying that felons should run businesses but I do believe that if a business wants to hire a felon then they should.

6 Likes