Addressing the Elephant in the Room

there is a tl;dr at the bottom

For the last couple of months, I’ve been portrayed as a sexist, homophobic and transphobic individual, which is all too common for individuals right of centre. I’ve had my name dragged through the mud and my intentions twisted by fake news and manipulation. I am sick of it and I want to address this, apologize and give you the story from my perspective publicly. For those who know my character, I am very direct and straight with people and have a no bullshit attitude. I do not want this final scene of my career and time on Roblox to be demonized for those to come.

During a session around a month ago, the Senate was in the midst of debating a piece of legislation proposed by the Right Honourable Senator idot_dannyboy, I am referring to “An Amendment to Secure Equal Protection Under Law” which can be found here An Amendment to Secure Equal Protection Under Law which I was generally in support for many reasons. The biggest reason being discrimination sucks, bullying sucks and you shouldn’t be treated differently for who and what you are, what defines you. The only reason I didn’t support the amendment is that to my Conservative believes I didn’t think it was necessary to include in the language of the amendment both an individual’s sex and gender which I believe are the same thing (2 genders). I will also admit I read the bill wrong thinking you could be punished for not referring to someone by their gender identity and I believed was a gateway to criminalizing speech. So to be clear I supported the majority of the amendment and I was happy to vote aye on the reconsideration after I reread several times. Before the debate, I was contemplating “does it matter in Roblox?”, “is it that big of a deal?” and “Is this already guaranteed in the TOS?” which could’ve all be avoided if I listened to my gut. I was later critiqued at the conclusion of the session the amendment for bringing real-life issues into Firestone. Which is true and I regret doing. During the debate on the amendment, I made some comments which were somewhat taken out of context. But I’ll be frank they were used in the wrong terms and tone, like gender dysphoria so I do publicly apologize sincerely for that as I have done privately through Discord, the bottom line is there was no prejudice or hate to those, I just let emotions get to me. I only apologize when I know I’ve done something wrong, and I conceded to myself I was wrong a month ago.

Also, another thing that was brought up is me being sexist for choosing the very talented and well-deserving nic0le_kely for the Governor’s Medal of Merit, who has been through quite a lot and has done more things then imaginable for this state despite challenges. It is so outlandish I was accused of this and I laughed it off until people literally thought I chose her just because she’s a woman. My own Former Lieutenant Governor and now 68th District Court Justice, congratulations and happy to aye him by the way. Published an underwhelming “bombshell” of an accusation which is found here:

now those who know my humour know I was joking, because Hecxtro is no doubt left of centre and I was poking fun at the fact that he is a liberal and I was suggesting sarcastically that he should be glad I picked her because of her gender just like Justin Trudeau did with his incompetent cabinet that wasn’t based on qualifications. We’re getting off-topic here, anyway I would never do that because I think it’s stupid, picking someone for their identity over qualifications I think is ridiculous and unfair. Oh yeah and Skye_Jones also got a medal and nobody doubts her outstanding work…

Anyway, I honestly hope this clears things up once and for all, as I thought I cleared it up a month ago. The approval rating was a wake-up call considering I have never had an approval below 50% and I can’t think of anything that I did besides this one event that was “controversial” and I don’t think it’s legislation and activity-wise as I’ve proposed numerous pieces of legislation. I won’t be running for governor next tenure as a result. At the end of the day, we’re kids in Roblox who think we are all smarter than we really are, and which I am not exempt from, my main goal here is to have a good time, do my best for this state, meet new people and upkeep a hobby in politics, which I have done for 4 years, coming up on 5. But yeah, that concludes it, 1 scandal in 4 years is pretty good, but not perfect which I like to be.

tl;dr: during a session a month ago i used some controversial comments that i regret and i am deeply sorry for, and i was accused of picking a woman for a medal just because she’s a woman but i picked her because she deserved it, was talented etc and i wont be running for governor.

Signed,

Right Honourable Senator Ash1835

10 Likes

you think im reading that whole thing? wack

i appreciate the tldr

6 Likes

p sure most people have moved on / dont care anymore lol

5 Likes

fax bus fatty

2 Likes

it’s ight don’t stress about this lego game that u won’t pay attention to in 10 years lol.

1 Like

I hope you personally explained to Nicole in DMs that she deserved it. It would have been a proper way to approach it instead of posting it on the forums.

2 Likes

It’s not our responsibility to keep you informed on the stuff you’re debating in Congress. I don’t see why you’d make it out that we should excuse your bigotry because you didn’t understand what you were doing.

This is the entire reason you make this post? Not to apologize for your mistakes but because you want good numbers?

Regardless ash I think you’re pretty sus as a person in general but I still love you. i hope you love me too : (

I mean no personal offense in calling you out regardless of when or how I do it

In making this post I understand that I am creating a breach of judicial neutrality, but I feel I had to say something as I was involved.

I will be more than happy to recuse on any matter regarding you.

anYWAYS

best of luck owo

4 Likes

ash misses the attention he got from the first incident and has to bring it up again ):

8 Likes

bruhh

1 Like

oh no, more drama…

2 Likes

everybody has moved on, BTW thanks for tldr otherwise brain hurt

2 Likes

i feel sorry for ash :(, also thanks for the TLDR

2 Likes

That is factually wrong, and there is an abundance of science and research to back that up. Gender is a social construct, whilst sex is a biological determination. Here is just some of the research used by the U.K NHS (yeah, not liberal or conservative, the UK) https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/environmentalaccounts/articles/whatisthedifferencebetweensexandgender/2019-02-21

See, we can all see that you’re joking, but this leads to my bigger issue that myself, and other citizens can agree on.

You are trying to bring the U.S system of republican and democrat divide into Firestone. Undoubtedly, the U.S system is completely flawed and is simply is high school drama except with boomers. Why are you trying to bring that into Firestone? Call someone the radical left if they disagree with you? That’s completely wrong. We should always be able to disagree with each other without bringing real-life political ideals into play. I think all you’re doing is dividing the state, and finding excuses for your disagreements.

And although I don’t want to be as harsh as Skye, she is right. This isn’t conservatism. Blaming the radical left for all disagreements isn’t conservatism. It’s just being a dick. It’s finding excuses to be “harsh”.

I wanted to move on from this so bad. I thought you just apologized for this and tried to leave it behind you. But seeing this post, it appears you haven’t. I hope one day, we can move on from this completely, and think of it as something we did that was immensely retarded.

You are a good friend, and I believe you are a good person I will not overlook your immense contributions to this community. I think your past experiences has changed you to sometimes be a harsh dick. But I don’t think that defines you. I still love you (no homo). You’ve always been nice and chill when we were just hanging out. But I please ask to stop your partisan politics. Make this not like the U.S system. Please stop the division over real-life political ideals. Please.

4 Likes

And I know it’s kinda overkill since it was a month and a half ago, but I think it would be best to explain our opinions on the approval rating poll.

1 Like

as i said a month ago i leaned off “partisan politics” and i think you can see evidence of that that one picture is from february! so i think your point is invalid, and then again i won’t get into the gender debate again you’re friendship is great and i appreciate it

1 Like

fair, i think that’s the most likely reason for your low approval

1 Like

It’s about time that this was addressed. May I add that it’s good of you to respond to all of this because I’m sure many others would just hide and pretend like it never happened.

You have a second chance I suppose, now you’re in the Senate, so don’t fuck it up.

Thanks, Ello for using the supreme UK’s data :slight_smile:

1 Like

run for governor anyways dude. the criminals in firestone are toxic, you know the ones im talking about.

1 Like

This is why we don’t bring real-life politics to ROBLOX.

This is also why we don’t bring genderism to ROBLOX either.

Let this serve as a lesson for future congressional officials.

5 Likes

shutup

3 Likes