Abolish the State Department?

Firstly, the Firestone Department of State is totally useless. It is a total waste of space. Over the past few years, the past administrations have gone through an extensive vetting process. Going through a wide variety of applicants for this useless position. The role of the state department in the ro-state community has died ages ago, when Rockport and Docklands began to collapse. Might I add that the only other major state is Mayflower. Since the uprising of Firestone and Mayflower, there has been a huge decline in the development of other ro-states–which goes on to prove that the role of the state department is now even more useless.

Instead of continuing to direct our focus on useless departments, we should be focusing more on policy making that benefits the important departments and working with those essential leaders that work within those departments to ensure we have a state that thrives on avid policies developed in a team setting.

I just wanted to put my personal belief out there, just wondering if there were others that felt the same too!

– Kathy Ashwell
Fmr. State Senator & House Member

5 Likes

Might I add: this was just an idea that I’ve had in the back of my mind. I understand that there are those that agree and those that don’t. In the future–there may be a need for the state department–but in these present times, it is totally unneeded and a useless position.

2 Likes

abolish the judiciary

10 Likes

No. Departments are fun. No matter how big or small they are. The variety of departments allows for a variety of role playing. Don’t steal it from people who enjoy it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

dos is more useful than a handful of departments and like clone said

7 Likes

state department is kinda useless, but we keep it because it “enhances” role play purposes.

8 Likes

Are you okay? This is the reason why nobody has faith in congress. Our state department isn’t useless at all and if it is then make it useful.

2 Likes

mega facepalm

2 Likes

Might I add, you’re a bit uneducated in-regards to how the State Department functions here in the State of Firestone.

Although, you’ve seen how it works in Docklands, Rockport, and nUSA, that’s not how we function here.

In Firestone, you see, we do have foreign diplomatic relations with other ro-states, similar to the processes in Rockport, nUSA, and Docklands, and we still meet with them on a regular basis.

HOWEVER, we also have other jobs for the State Department, such as managing the Museum in v3. There are jobs being created for the State Department, therefore, making it not useless.

I’m not sure where you got your information from, because within the last year, only myself, and Blast have served as the Secretary of State.

Just because there is a decline in other states, doesn’t make a department in OUR State, useless. I’m sorry, but you haven’t been employed within the State Department within the last year, so you don’t really understand how the department is functioning at the moment. Yes, you gave your opinion, but all you say is the department’s “useless,” with no valid resources to back up your statements.

• Useless department
  • Useless position (SoS)
  • Useless department x2
  • Useless Department x3

You said useless more than you even gave reasonings as to why. And that is for what reasoning?

6 Likes

ABOLISH FSP!

2 Likes

useless!

2 Likes

I guess my reasoning was a bit vague on my behalf, but the state department only had the ability to really make impact in-regards to foreign policy making when Skye was the Secretary of State. And then previous Secretary of State after her, but besides that, I’ve seen no use.

I started my ro-state career in Firestone & Docklands. I’m well aware that things have changed since 2016-2017, but I still see no real reason to have the state department exist for the time being if the state department can’t directly create/influence the foreign policy in the state. I’m well aware that the F.S. State Department has a few other duties, but those duties do not outweigh the purpose of the existence of the department.

2 Likes

This was just a thought, I just wanted to know what others ideologies were too.

2 Likes

the only departments that need to be abolished Is DOH and DOBW

5 Likes

I agree.

But @ii_Katy I do kinda see your point a little bit because of the decline in RO-States but the state department should also look into these smaller states that are like just starting out or something.

2 Likes

katy you were expelled out of congress before, you are very incompetent and do not understand anything

3 Likes

department of state grew to a more prosperous department when i was governor so they actually have stuff to do

6 Likes

ngl
this “katy” person isn’t smart
anyways
sure i’d agree with this when the state department only did foreign affairs shit
but since they have more duties now we can’t really abolish them
also fedoramasterb98 exists

2 Likes

Department of Defense is, objectively, the most useless department.

2 Likes

well, at the same time. i have 0 comment on this. but i really have not seen the state department do anything on my behalf.

2 Likes