A Petition to Recognise and Reform Bailiffs

There are two issues when it comes to bailiffs.

Firstly, they are not even recognised by State Legislature, or any other legislature for that matter, as far as I can see. Yet, in the court discord, there appear to be bailiffs, and in the court group as well. So even if the bailiffs were active, they wouldn’t really be able to do much anyway.

That brings me onto my second point; inactivity.
The current bailiffs are extremely inactive, as far as I can see. The last I, personally, have seen a bailiff at any court case, must have been in August or something. If you go to a mass expungement hearing, or to a Judicial Review, one which I am sitting in whilst writing this petition, you can just see the havoc, and how out of control the courtroom can be. With bailiffs, this issue would be solved, but they are simply too inactive/don’t have the power to do anything.

As such, I call for legislation to be made in regards to bailiffs and for the current bailiffs to be COMPLETELY reformed.

Signed,
Wolf_RBX, Esq.

3 Likes

yes

bailiffs is on the list of stuff to-do!

4 Likes

yes.

i like the fact that there are currently four DOC officers here, but no baliffs. we should just appoint DOC to be baliffs lmao

4 Likes

as former chief bailiff i was trying to do this until i so rudely resigned. this’ll need a constitutional amendment as well, but bailiffs should have authority to do other stuff like deposition presence, be like a clerk for the court, etc.

yes.

4 Likes

That is something that I attempted a loooonnnggg time back when I was Warden, but people didn’t like the idea. Maybe another attempt could work by our current warden @KensterVids?

3 Likes

While that was a bad idea (as Wolf said just now) while I was CB, now it doesn’t seem too bad. Although, with the plans I mentioned earlier and below, I think it’d be best for it to be an independent entity or an entity under the judiciary itself.

Bailiffs used to be very active during my tenure as the majority of trials were in-game. Nowadays, nearly none of them are. Don’t expect them to show up to the first in-game trial in like a month…

Although yes, theoretically they could get more jobs in Discord, but that’s super dull and stupid. I hope that everyone goes grrr against Fed but I hope that, in v3, he’s gonna say that all of the court trials need to happen in-game. Would give bailiffs a lot more to do

2 Likes

I’m sure we could attempt to convince the judiciary to do more trials in-game. Especially when the case is against more well known people within the community or where there’s a jury trial or something.

2 Likes

Judges aren’t too keen on changing their opinions or manners. Skye’s done pretty much every case in Discord other than MREs and jef claims he loves ROBLOX trials but it’s difficult to see because he doesn’t do any cases.

Also, it’s debatably understandable that they do it in Discord due to the difficulties with time zones and stuff, but honestly, it’s just way more fun in-game. Jury trials are a disaster in general which needs to be fixed, and most jurors are grossly incompetent and don’t pay much attention in-game all the time. The good thing with Discord is that the jurors can simply look back on it. However, being in-game also forces some of the jurors to take it more seriously and take all of the information in fully, so that would be cool.

Not sure about the ‘well known people’ stuff, judges don’t like that kinda stuff anymore.

2 Likes

yes support

3 Likes

We’ll have a constitutional amendment to have this certain part of the Judicial Branch recognized as employees.

2 Likes

@Wolf_RBX I think they got it covered by FDOC.

4 Likes

Fake DoC!!

3 Likes

i want to become a bailiff

2 Likes

CAN I BE ONE

2 Likes

I do many cases, but I have started doing them in Discord, primarily because I’m sick of lawyers crying in my DMs.

Your inaccurate feedback is noted, however, and I’ll carefully consider it in my future operations.

2 Likes

Having Correctional Officers as Bailiffs is one idea. And it’s not a bad idea.

But if you have an active Chief Bailiff, there should be active Bailiffs. Just get new people.

3 Likes

Depending on who is elected as Governor, I’ll see what I can do in terms of bailiffs. Maybe I can convince the Gov and Lt. Gov to allow DoC to do bailiff ops or something.

We’ll see.

3 Likes
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes