A petition to congress to create a bill to fix the new FRP Guide loophole

Following a lot more responses than I expected on my poll to fix the FRP guide, i’m now submitting this request to congress to create a bill that will fix this loophole which is currently allowing LEO’s to believe that they can now use the leader board and other outside sources to ID a person Wanted or who has a BOLO. This needs to stop. I’ve already been arrested twice for it and I’m sure many others have had to suffer from this following DHS and other LEO Groups doing warrant hunts now that they can check the leader boards with someones name from just a plate check.

(You can read the full explanation at the post linked below this)

A petition to amend the new update to the FRP Guide shall be defined as: A petition to amend the new update to the FRP Guide

Please vote accordingly as to whether you support this petition or not below. Poll will close 48 hours after this is posted. Results will be posted shortly after the poll has ended

Thanks,
Signed ItzAlexYTOfficial

• Support for this petition
  • No support for this petition

0 voters

2 Likes

Congress can’t touch the FRP rules

3 Likes

Envelope stated otherwise
And Congress isn’t touching the rules.
They are simply making a Bill or legislation or whatever that defines what methods of Identification that LEO’s can use that are legal. Such as Using 911 calls or licence plates to identify.

3 Likes

Congress can’t do jack about it, it’s a game moderation thing not a law

3 Likes

Congress didn’t make the guide…

5 Likes

@Silv3_r @1superchris2

https://gyazo.com/ec784debee1f02600e0f22c26aaa66ce

3 Likes

FRP Guide is not legally binding, and congress does not have to make laws about the FRP Guide, simply because those rules are already kickable / bannable.

Instead, you should talk with a moderator about your complaint, as they can do moderation action upon that officer.

Additionally, congress will probably only make FRP Laws that apply for officers against criminals, as for example when I was in FSP (not sure if this law is still here) but there was a FRP Law that allowed us to arrest people for 900 seconds for a few FRP Violations such as flipping a car, and a few others.

However, its unlikely congress will impose FRP Laws against officers, and its much easier to just have a moderator deal with the officer rather then do that.

3 Likes

The mods and founders and devs punt the ball away from themselves when it’s convenient (sorry lads), which is what they have done to Congress here. I guarantee you if Congress makes a law they physically can’t ignore regarding how this would work they’ll be saying something along the lines of “well really only we can regulate this stuff.” Congress is right to not get involved. As much as i like Env, if he wants something to “fix this loophole” he can do it himself.

4 Likes

My solution to this is that they can use leaderboard and the roblox website lol.

There should be a legislation concerning on how Law Enforcement Officer’s are able to identify people for arrests or whatever reason it may be. I gave you the ability to view the in-game “database,” go make regulations on it.

1 Like

It’s impossible to regulate something that everyone can view at anytime without it being displayed openly.

3 Likes

If anyone has a devforum account I’d be a good Idea to request for games to allow edits to be made to the escape menu

That’d be nice because then dev’s such as the Scripters for V2 and V3 could create a script that logged who entered the player list.

I.E there could be a new menu made that showed all the different options like player list, report, settings and record.

Then the game could add their own features to the menu that support their own specific game.

For instance the Team switcher could be moved from the side of the screen to the pause menu. That would allow for one less block of GUI on the screen.

2 Likes

Negatory sir, maybe for some games but I don’t think that should be done. You can always view player names VIA the Report button and the Website.

Plus this, as far as I know will be a headache for the ROBLOX Staff where they have NEW stuff, like universe scripts being worked on.

Escape menu is fine for now. (Nevermind this would take MONTHS to develop)

(Devforum Member/Developer)

I think you’ve got your answer from Danny.

2 Likes

I attempted to draft up legislation around this idea. Let me know what you think and if it may be viable.

Keep in mind, this is only a draft and suggestions are welcome

@anon54114525 Was inspired by your comment.

2 Likes

The Supreme Court has ruled you only need reasonable suspicion

1 Like

Pls don’t propose that… has legal issues out the yin yang

2 Likes

Suggestions to improve it?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like