A Petition to Abolish the Stapleton County Government

:clap:

Sp_encer finally made a good point. Abolish the god damn County Governments already.

Signed and Supported,
xDyl_an [Firestone Attorney]

As someone who has been part of the council for the second term, I will give my opinion. The council has not done as much as it has done under different County Executives, specifically Ash.

The idea behind the courts was to establish it as a traffic court. This would allow citizens and law enforcement to deal with the smaller offences.

I agree with the abolishing municipal governments. I was not 100% on board with it when it was voted on.

Impeachment of Mack

I’ll give the full story. At evening time (UK), I saw the County Council chat get a bit heated. I found out that there was a “secret” discord group chat with some members of FD command and all councilmen (excluding me). One of the councilmen had told the County Executive about it and his reaction was as expected, angry. Why keep something like this a secret? That was the first error. This same councilman was then kicked from this chat as a result of what he thought was right. After being added to the chat, I saw the reasons as to why the impeachment was in the works. After some thought, I was still on the fence about the whole situation, my opinion did not change throughout. I must note, not all councilmen were involved with this.

Talk of Impeachment of Straphos

All talk about this topic are false. There was no talk between the council about this. Certain Council members requested a meeting with the Sheriff and a select few of SCSO High Command to discuss matters.

Rumours were spread, and the situation developed and became worse over time. Spencer was a good CE, he was doing the right things up until all of this started.

tl;dr

Spencer was a good CE (up until he shutdown the government). Not all councilmen were involved with starting with the impeachment of Mack. Talk of impeaching Straphos were rumours. I believe the county government creates more issues than it solves so abolishing may be the solution.

Support.

Support

Signed,
JollyPopLollyPop

I’ve been an avid supporter of the County Government in days past.

They’ve failed many times. I stuck with them and hoped they’d do good.

There are two types of County governments:

1. The Government that does next to nothing
  2. The Government that tries to do too much and because most people in the government are incompetent they absolutely botch it and leave terrible loopholes.

The cycle repeats.

I say we dissolve the current government. All of it. Everything done is nulled, a complete reset.

Then we enter our last attempt mode. If it fails again we abolish the county council. Keep the Executive to do Executive Orders & help run municipal governments. The Executive would also directly recommend nominations for Sheriff & Fire Chief to the Governor, like the Chief Court Justice. He would keep his powers to fire, halt positions, and etc.

If that fails kill it all.

just kill it now, they’ve really had enough chances. all we say is “chances chances chances”, all i’ve seen since i joined firestone for the county and nothing is working out. why keep something if problems just keep on arising? what are we gonna do, new ce, new things, everything just fails. the CE will probably get bored if they’re just sitting there alone nominating sheriffs and fire chiefs that rarely even resign. at this point, i’ve lost all faith; and don’t get me wrong, there may be hope, but I do not think it is worth it

Support, Our Council is shit.

1 Like

u are too

and we are still here

it’s actually pathetic that our “representatives” and senators don’t even give a fuck about everyone who supported this thread and would rather go with their own beliefs over the beliefs of 90 citizens, whom most of them probably elected these congressmen into their positions

welcome to firestone government people

Yeah, you can scratch the “We listen to the people”, “We represent the people” BS. They represent themselves and don’t take into account what the people think.

Not everyone’s option is the same. Also I will have you know I urged for it to be amendment when Congress ignored me. I am working hard to fix the problems I saw that were vague and diving the power of County Executive and County Council with Senate, House and Governor with the Constitution would need to be changed I believe as it only gives Senate & House power to elect and impeach state officials but I will check. If you wish to speak to me message me.

Congress should start listening.

Supported.

Signed,
xDyl_an the mf

at least the county council listen to the people on the impeachment yesterday. At least 2/3rds of us. either way I don’t need the senate approving the county officials since they can’t look behind the person who is getting nominated.

Kas do you support

34 supports so far. Thank you guys for all of the supports. I can’t wait to get this mess outta here.

Just thinking about county and municipal governments make me cringe. They are all so disorganized and do LITERALLY NOTHING. So cheers to all who believe the same.

SCSO and SCFD can be under state government.

As a former Councilman in Stapleton County, I do see @OfficerVideoGame 's point.

I tried to be in office to fix this shit, I even presented a bill to null and void everything but it just didnt work cause of people obstructing and doing it for power. I do believe @Markehabashi was cause of this too, with the power hungryness and shit.

I say we try OVG’s way, if it doesn’t work Try his way of Municipal Gov’ts.