A Letter of Responsibility

To whom it may concern,

Recently, it has been made obvious that our Senators can no longer handle the tedious responsibility of leading this State without adhering to certain guidelines regarding etiquette. From what was observed in the previous session, our Senators cannot act in a mature manner whilst executing the duties of their respective offices. Henceforth, I bring upon this proposition in an attempt to fix our current governing body of Senators;

• The Congressional Etiquette Act

Now, I understand the great concern with this proposition, how would it work? My main concern is with how congressmen act when acting in the official capacities of their offices while in public view. There should be guidelines governing their behavior, because quite honestly, it appears that our congressmen cannot handle the simple responsibility of representing the government in a good manner using common sense. So please, I ask that you make this proposition a reality.

It is quite saddening to see what our government has come to, but I believe it can still be salvaged from what is left.

Sincerely,

Marian V. Liamsworth
A concerned citizen

5 Likes

Can you explain in more detail? I just got the title. Like what specifically do you want? Also for this to be in effect it would have to pass the senate :confused: .

3 Likes

god i hope firestone doesn’t become like mayflowers congress.

3 Likes

Sure, so, in order to prevent our Senators, congressmen, etc. from acting like absolute idiots during sessions, we’d need a written set of rules governing their behavior. However, it’ll be up to you to count the other congressmen in and vote on what rules you guys want and need. Maybe phrase this bill as more of a “guideline,” like the handbooks departments have but focused more on congressional etiquette.

3 Likes

I honestly have to say, I can’t blame congress always for their immature behavior. Congress is a primary job and it’s honestly one boring job, so they’re going to be immature. Idk how you’re to act 100% mature on a game.

3 Likes

i don’t think we need a whole bill for this. instead call upon the president of the senate to be more strict in regulating the members and handing out strikes when they are acting unbecoming of a government official.

6 Likes

True, but unfortunately most of them can’t use their common sense to differentiate between good behavior and bad behavior.

3 Likes

“The more laws, the less justice.” ~Marcus Tullius Cicero
It is the role of the President of the Senate, and the Speaker in the House of Representatives to keep them in order, if neither can do their job, then it should voted that they be removed from their respective house. It’s quite simply their job to do this.

3 Likes

there’s always gonna be dumb unprofessional people. this group is run by teenagers for fun. i get why you want them to be be a little more ethical but don’t set your standards too high or else all you’re gonna do is get disappointed.

3 Likes

yes, we’re teens who think we’re smarter than we actually are

4 Likes

extremely ironic coming from you

but anyways i second dosk here, i think that bill would just create more problems. @FIoatmanjason and @sharkfish82 need to start enforcing the strike system more

4 Likes

what a bill saying “don’t be immature”? Define immature…

THAT SENATOR CALLED ME A DUMB COP THATS AGAINST THE RULES OF BEING A SENATOR!!

3 Likes

So judges get a set of written rules and how we should conduct ourselves but god forbid congress gets one. THAT WOULD BE ABSURD!

3 Likes

I’m not exactly sure what it is but something gives me the idea this is about the most recent Senate Session. Just hinting at it.

3 Likes

I mean, it’s pretty obvious, considering I mentioned it multiple times in the letter.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, how is it ironic?

3 Likes

ironic coming from ash

2 Likes

Thought you were talking to me.

3 Likes

ironic coming from you, you think you’re always right no matter what

2 Likes

yes, now my fellow congressmen will argue in a forum post made critiquing them for their behavior.

2 Likes