Your employment rights and you--a public opinion poll

Have we also all forgot this was legit the past and oh my, I never saw major things happen that severely violated a person that didn’t go unanswered

2 Likes

Okay, sure, who is considered a “leader” in the EB?

3 Likes

Some things had to be forced to be reverted… by the courts… this vague clause doesn’t 100% confirm your right to challenge it…

It really does just leave it up to the whelm of the EB… and this is one of the things that I strongly believe should just be set and unwavering (like election laws)

2 Likes

talk to shark about that, i was told it was accurate. im not gonna defend the DSA

3 Likes

This current employee rights bill is not good. There’s many reasons for it, I explained in depth in the congress chat breaking down each section of the law I disagree with little by little. Here’s hoping it’s removed and replaced with something that actually takes the time to recognize that departments and private business aren’t the same.

2 Likes

Oh and shark. Because you are so delightfully cooperative you told us to make policies. You didn’t tell us to all do them together. Every department can make its own policies. This would mean that departments had different rights, which wouldnt be very equal, would it. On top of that, since it would be policies, DPS can literally mandate and regulate rights for everyone under DPS jurisdiction. I’m DPS myself and I’m saying that this will not only make the public cry “dps is too powerful” even more but it’s clearly one power too much. Employment rights as they are right now are bad, but this would just make them worse.

3 Likes

Merely quoted it, this is shark’s, in my opinion, utter disaster of a proposal.

3 Likes

separating the current rights from department and commerece businesses would take a ten second amendment

3 Likes

the executive branch and its leaders ie cabinet, your sergeant, etc if they truly violated you with whatever action or policy they imposed against you

2 Likes

your bill states “the EB and it’s leaders”. This includes the entire EB. so any trooper/public service employee could make rights.

4 Likes

Why is this not expanded upon then?

My point still stands, I see no check to the “leaders” who oppose enforcing such compulsory policies.

3 Likes

As a business owner, I’d like to become better informed about this new bill in terms of how it affects both my employees and myself as an employer.

What resources can I consult and who can I talk to in order to better understand this and form my own opinion? I believe private businesses should take part in this discussion as it extends across both departments and private institutions.

2 Likes

maybe just talk to the guy who wrote the bill?

5 Likes

ask sharkfish

3 Likes

currently, you are bound by the current employment rights bill, although this is not usually enforced on private businesses. you would be relieved of these should the DSA pass. should the DSA not pass, we would look into separating private businesses out of the current rights and giving them their own set of less strenuous requirements.

3 Likes

As I put it to congress… this bill is “…so full of loopholes that you can run a 747 thru it without ever touching anything…”.

I think it is commendable that the writers of the DSA tried to tackle this important issue BUT… this simply isn’t the way to fix the issue at hand and will only lead to what one could term “controlled anarchy”…

Thus, I respectfully request that congress fail this proposal.

@SurrealReality @sharkfish82

4 Likes

STOP THE COUNT!

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴

6 Likes

This bill kindly asks you to make your own employment rights. Just you, you get to choose. you only have to implement no discrimination but the rest is up to you. no right to challenge, no nothing. Your employees could potentially have no rights if you so choose to.

6 Likes

And that is called a dictatorship.

3 Likes

it does not help that employment rights would end up decentralized and differ from department to department.

3 Likes