Why Long Jail Sentences Kill Firestone

High jail sentences are common in firestone. Some are arrested for 5 hours, 10 hours, maybe 30 hours. The max arrest time is 72 hours…

These jail times are absurd, and makes no sense for a game. Why punish people by basically banning them for playing the game? As a result, there is less organized, and more attention seekers / annoying type crimes in firestone.

For example…

You have a role playing, non attention seeking criminal that is sentenced to jail for 30 hours. that person would end up quitting and in his place there would be an attention seeker. As a result of this long jail sentence time, you have removed good players from the game by essentially banning them by forcing them to sit in a room for hours.

This also indirectly affects cops because more attention seekers = more boring time for cops… and legit 99% of crimes are attention seeking (thats why i quit)

Sure, some people do the time and keep playing, but do you think most people are gonna waste their time, and electricity and power to have a computer autoclick for 12 hours? I don’t think so

To conclude, long jail sentences are outright stupid and it should be removed.

SOLUTION

Make the arrest time for cops without a court case increased to about 30 minutes, and make it so that the max timing for the courts is about 4-5 hours for the most extreme cases, otherwise about a 1-2 hour arrest max time.

9 Likes

are you a fucking idiot? the max time is 900 seconds. Higher sentences are given by the courts.

4 Likes

I’m talking about court sentences… not the ingame max time…

4 Likes

Should try being more civil next time lmao

2 Likes

no mustbeatleast5

3 Likes

Agreed with OP and wtf toastee

3 Likes

I actually agree with this solution. 30 minutes in-game max allows the cops to stop the idiots like Hydra for a good time, and the five hour max is fine. The courts are being really lenient lately, which is a change for the future I suppose. The only things I really think that should get a sentence like 10-30+ hours are crimes that ruin the game for a lot of people at once. Such as Commiting a Coup. Overthrowing someone from their lawful position (because you don’t like them in the FSPGate incident) ruins it for tens of people at once. Especially the guy just trying to do his job. Or something like bribery or blackmail. Government is one of the things that makes FS stand out, so when people do things to actively ruin the government, they’re hurting the group as a whole and should be punished severely.

3 Likes

I like the idea. And also the one set forth by Danny.

3 Likes

I concur with sharm, Danny, and Chris, and I believe that this new method can help increase the number of players in FS.

3 Likes

ok so basically im spending 5 hours in jail

3 Likes

Mhm, It’s a Good idea.

3 Likes

people wont commit crimes if there is long jail sentences.
bad

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unfair jail times

2 Likes

I would say the worst people should get like 10 hours… maybe 15.

3 Likes

Merged

2 Likes