Why Is FDPW Boring? An Employee’s Perspective

As an employee of Firestone Department of Public Works employee, I have to say the job isn’t that fun. Yes, at first, it’s a cool job to have; you have the “cool sweeper truck” and a “garbage collector” as a citizen once told me. I use to tell citizens when they ask me how to join DPW that it’s a fun job. A few weeks in and I started telling them it’s not as amazing as it seems. So, why’s it so boring? It’s because development. FDoT, SCFD, and all the LEO departments seem to get updates all the time while DPW, gets nothing hardly ever. Look at the dumpsters. Weeks have past without a fix already. That’s all I have on this situation.

2 Likes

Wanna know the best thing about DPW is? Being taken hostage! Oh wait you can’t be taken hostage anymore lul. I used to pay criminals to take me hostage when I was on DPW shifts

4 Likes

I mean, FDPW is not for me, but like you were the one who signed up so dont start complaining.

1 Like

As a current employee I feel like it was kinda fun at first, but I do admit that it gets boring after the first few weeks. I think we need something else to do instead of just sweeping and emptying dumpsters. It’s also ridiculous that new features for other departments are being prioritized over major bugs.

2 Likes

#NoticeDPW

2 Likes

DPW needs to be noticed by developers…

2 Likes

Lets Thanos snap DPW

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like