What the county government should do to survive this round

Since the start of the Stapleton County Government, we have not seen one bit of true succession within the government itself. This thread will serve as the a document that I believe is the cause of such issues, and the solutions so that the county government is able to function for once in their lifetime. The solutions provided can not be done within a short span of time and definitely can not be done without the full cooperation of every department and legislature within the State of Firestone.

This thread serves as the sole opinion of myself and does not represent any positions I currently hold.

The Problem Shortened

Because there is only one county within the State of Firestone, the Firestone Congress has nothing to do but establish laws within that specific county online. Because of this, the county legislature practically has nothing to do as all the legislations are being done by the state legislature. Additionally, the county legislature has found itself to be creating multiple unnecessary and unneeded jobs within the county, including city mayors and city councils. These jobs serve no use and many people tend to resign shortly after.

The Solution in a nutshell

This solution is probably not the easiest one to solve the problem, but could be a major factor as to how the government runs.

The State Legislature

The State Legislature should ensure that they only create legislations affecting the state, and not the county itself. They should create laws that involve departments within the state that the county has no true power over. They shouldn’t establish specific laws, such as every specific misdemeanor and felony, rather they should establish a broad restrictions, creating a boundary for the county legislature, to which they can amend upon within their specific cities. The State Legislature should not be involved with how the emergency agencies should respond and the protocol, rather they should leave that to the county legislature.

The County Legislature

I will certainly go much deeper into this. The County Legislature should be held responsible with creating specific laws within the county itself. There should be a County Executive along with a County Council. As for the cities, they should be set to just the Mayor and by-choice, Deputy Mayor. These mayors can then establish specific laws for their own city jurisdictions, the way how they feel would improve their cities. As for the county legislature, they should let the city mayors decide the laws for their own cities, but create laws for the set requirements for each city government. Additionally, they should cover the county law enforcement agencies, such as SCSO and SCFD and their jurisdictions.

As for the emergency agencies, SCSO and SCFD will be under the County Legislature, who should be assigned with assigning the jurisdiction and duties for these agencies. FSP should remain under the State Legislature for obvious reasons. SCSO, SCFD, and FSP high command should be responsible with creating a contract between each department regarding certain circumstances, such as SCSO/SCFD joint operations during a fire zone, or SCSO/FSP joint operations for extreme cases.

There shouldn’t be any city attorney or judicial system of it’s kind due to the nature of the group. Rather, all judicial operations should remain with Firestone Courts.

This solution is very broad and can certainly be expanded upon. However, it sheds a light on how the county government can certainly be fixed with the full cooperation of said departments and the state. Many of the laws would have to be changed, which could take months to process.

This is an open discussion for everyone to pitch in their ideas and whatnot. Because of the upcoming term of the county government, I hope that they attempt a solution with the cooperation of the state legislature to ensure the full results of the county government. Should the current officials be unable to do it, I am willing to run for the County Executive spot, should it be open, and attempt my best to get the government started up and rolling, like I did for the Firestone government.

6 Likes

Where’s the topic on the county Court

1 Like

Right here:

2 Likes

Wooopspspspspssp

2 Likes

I agree with this thread, and I think this idea would be wonderful.

2 Likes

I think the County Judicial System is needed. Its actually role play for when like you get tickets, you have to go to the general sessions court to go in-front of a judge and hear misdemeanors.

1 Like

Nope. Been attempted before. Absolutely not.

3 Likes

Thank you for your concerns, I will follow up on most of your suggestions, there won’t be a county court unless needed in V3, but however there will still be a District Attorney to defend the County if prosecuted etc.

2 Likes

Concur with Envelope.

1 Like

I will work with the county and my fellow congressman to improve the county. Any questions, concerns, or comments can be forwarded to my DMs.

2 Likes

This basically creates the new United States after 1776. With each state controlling the majority of things and the federal government sorta just handling not getting invaded and Indians. This system was faulty and on more than one occasion almost (and technically did) cause a war between the states. I feel one central government is needed. Furthermore, if this was implemented the County would need a judiciary. The state courts by constitution and common sense enforce state law, not county law. It’s basically equivalent to the fact US federal courts don’t care about state law. This is one of the main reasons the County has failed; they have no enforcement capabilities. They have no courts to interpret and enforce their charter and laws, and only control one out of the like five law enforcement agencies, which means only SCSO has the obligation to listen to them in regards to County law. We’d have to change the constitution and our entire legal system just to implement a system that isn’t needed or worth it. The state level only system has shown to always work, and has more issues when the County Government is operational, which is why it always gets shut down.

5 Likes

county court = bad wont work unless theres a DIRE NEED for justices (theres not)

district attorney & prosecuting office for county gov = good idea for the county to actually enforce their laws. another way to enforce and not just have scso/scfd

5 Likes

Welcome to Roblox and Firestone, where things work here that wouldn’t work in the real world and vice versa.

4 Likes

It wouldn’t work here, we’d need to change a lot of systems and it would likely fuck us in the process.

3 Likes

We should just have the attorneys and prosecuting offices then

1 Like

Hence why we need the proper people to ensure it won’t fuck up. That means months of creating things before pushing it out.

3 Likes

Essentially, a government reform.

3 Likes

But why? The current system works well. Adding this is unnecessary and complicated things.

2 Likes

ash can fix it

2 Likes

only for the state.

2 Likes