What is the current point of expungements?

Point of Expungement

Introduction:

There is a current dilemma about if past criminals should be allowed into departments and POST. And people believe that a user can’t have a new life. Which brings the question of whats the purpose of Expungements and how does it benefit the user.

2 Likes

From a purely legal perspective (and not a political one that I can’t dive into), REs serve mainly for two purposes: 1) contest false arrests and citations without the trouble of a full blown lawsuit. 2) remove old records in an attempt at a new life. Obviously the latter is the latest debate in both the general community and the legal one. Unfortunately, the Constitution mandates all judicial proceedings be public knowledge, so we can’t actually “seal” records. It’s up to the legislature and executive to solve the issue at hand.

1 Like

The thing is i got a expungement a long time ago accepted and my record has never been cleared.

1 Like

People can start new lives. Look at Markehabashi or Tor_Laws.

Our biggest problem now is the courts have gotten lazy. They aren’t even attempting the expungements we have now.

1 Like

im blacklisted from fsp, and got terminated from scso for the most bs reason in this state…so how exactly do I “start a new life”

1 Like

Does two mass expungements in three days ok

2 Likes

if i was at mark’s confirmation i would’ve nAYED

1 Like

except u danny <3

besides even with every expungement done it still requires a semi motivated SC around actually remove the records

1 Like

wait i thought dcj’s can do that

1 Like

SC+++++++

1 Like

We can, we just don’t act each other’s rulings for prison and such

1 Like

@DannyboyJurist say hypotheticly someone has like 17 arrests and wants to “start a new life” can that person get all 17 arrests revoked

1 Like

Yes, assuming they meet the requirements by state law

1 Like

@DannyboyJurist Perfect, thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like