What happened to V3?

the updates don’t seem to be too difficult to push out they’re mainly polishing stuff up rather than completely making a game, it’s honestly just a matter of motivation imo

nothing against the devs btw just my opinion

4 Likes

what I heard was it’ll be June 2019 (I think) then we got promised April 2020, and there’s prob a ton more release dates that didn’t happen. Clone is right though, we’ve seen nothing planned for dobw. Only some v2 businesses are there, yet they have tons of businesses in v2 you could make. For the ones that are made thx so much, and even my mini kart business is there. They did promise more dev support for businesses in v3, but it’s not looking like that too much so far

2 Likes

Env said in general yesterday that he’s restarting the V3 scripting due to the developer that was helping him with V3 using a confusing format

I believe the scripter (OfficerDonutt) was the previous developer helping V3 had confusing code (atleast what I got from the messages) so env has to restart the things that were done

I feel bad because the the scripter was so cocky calling other developer’s code shit and giving himself credit in their scripts for adding like 1 line of code

11 Likes

That is what we call a yikes moment.
But this is what I mean, if we were just given a message, even it means losing ones pride of a project to just say to everyone:
“Yeah, we’re gonna admit the guy we had to make the code base for V3 basically ripped from others and used a format that makes no fucking sense, but! It’s all g cause we’re now getting back to it”
That’d be better than deadpan silence other than off-hand comments in general that most people most likely missed. But it be how it be.

2 Likes

I feel bad b/c of the pressure thats put on him, env himself said if he gives a ETA, everyone will give him a exact deadline and doesn’t want that

4 Likes

image heh

11 Likes

v3 turned into brazil

2 Likes

o7 chuba

2 Likes

v3 is

2 Likes

:sneezing_face:
5char

2 Likes

now coming to local stores near you in the summer of 2057!

3 Likes

Thats what she said,

I think he was referring to furry

2 Likes

dawg-

4 Likes

V3 is overpromised and underdelivered. I don’t think we’ll see even half the things promised until years after release, if Firestone is even around then. 3 years for a project that, quite frankly, shouldn’t take 3 years. It also doesn’t help the overall morale that they’re not showing off updates. The game has been the same for months. And it feels like nobody acknowledges it. “Its being worked on.” “There’s updates, just not published yet.”

4 Likes

Just do terrain for v2, fix some stuff up as in better guis, better vehicles, tools, etc… v2 is Firestone.

5 Likes

V3 GOT UPDATED!!

5 Likes

ROBLOX uses LUA does it not?

If so i’m not gonna blame him, you can either make god code or completely royally fuck it up and make code that you can read but others it looks like a shit stain (also him re-doing the code might possibly fix lag issues).

4 Likes

taking too long for v3, just please make v2 look nicer. new guis.

4 Likes

DoC actually looks good in V3 now…

4 Likes

Roblox does use LUA, and v3 DOC does look great now.

2 Likes