What happened to V3?

:sneezing_face:
5char

2 Likes

now coming to local stores near you in the summer of 2057!

3 Likes

Thats what she said,

I think he was referring to furry

2 Likes

dawg-

4 Likes

V3 is overpromised and underdelivered. I don’t think we’ll see even half the things promised until years after release, if Firestone is even around then. 3 years for a project that, quite frankly, shouldn’t take 3 years. It also doesn’t help the overall morale that they’re not showing off updates. The game has been the same for months. And it feels like nobody acknowledges it. “Its being worked on.” “There’s updates, just not published yet.”

4 Likes

Just do terrain for v2, fix some stuff up as in better guis, better vehicles, tools, etc… v2 is Firestone.

5 Likes

V3 GOT UPDATED!!

5 Likes

ROBLOX uses LUA does it not?

If so i’m not gonna blame him, you can either make god code or completely royally fuck it up and make code that you can read but others it looks like a shit stain (also him re-doing the code might possibly fix lag issues).

4 Likes

taking too long for v3, just please make v2 look nicer. new guis.

4 Likes

DoC actually looks good in V3 now…

4 Likes

Roblox does use LUA, and v3 DOC does look great now.

2 Likes

ROBLOX operates on Luau, a heavily modified version of Lua 5.1 with C++ datatypes.

2 Likes
v2's Code

v2's code remastered before i was assigned to v3 (never released)

v3's code before scrap

v3's code after scrap

promise dates given by: everyone else but me
when i was assigned to v3: one year ago
v3 build progress: pretty much complete really
v3 hub system: absolute garbage, needs to be redone
v3’s code: as can be told from the pictures above, before scrap it was headed in v2’s current code direction. has been scrapped and is being re-done
v2’s code: absolute garbage, no way im remastering that

if i give promise date: im bombarded when date gets closer
if i dont give promise date: im free to polish up for however long i want

our goal for v3: the best modern mmorpg style game (take gta, world of warcraft, runescape and smush them together)

that’s all im gonna tell you, everyone’s concerns is valid

20 Likes

the amount of scripts V2 has scares me-

7 Likes

I think we need to stop asking devs for updates in v2. Every time something new is added to v2 it dies within a week. When the auto-shop feature was first added for 1 week everyone would go to the auto-shop and ice out their car. Soon after 1 week it died and barely anyone goes to auto-shop now. We forced and annoyed the Devs to add boats and when they finally added boats the vibe died in like 1 week. The yacht will die in about a week since after a while people will barely go to the docks, unless its criminals trying to escape.

tl;dr stop asking for v2 updates because no matter what the update is the vibe dies in like 1 week but if the devs add anything from their will, it’s cool

10 Likes

Oh fucking hell, only time I’ve messed with LUA is in Garry’s Mod and that shit…i’ll never understand it and i’ve been playing ROBLOX for 10 years but I still don’t understand

4 Likes

I like the hub but from time to time if you click play it either won’t work or will open up like 282882828288228 servers if you spam it.

2 Likes

yeah the hub is nice but its buggy, the teleport error is roblox’s fault pretty sure since it can’t load the game quickly, but there should be a message saying its teleporting the person

4 Likes

The people who say V2 still has life in it are the same ones who don’t have quotas they need to make.

Logs can be very repetitive. The only reason I’m in this state still is because of a few friends, who plan on leaving the state in the coming months.

In my opinion, V3 will never come out. I get the feeling the devs are trying to scramble to milk as much DevEx out of V2 as they can, because they know the state isn’t gonna survive much longer.

At this point, this state is in a free fall. You either hold on until it hits the ground or let go. A vast majority of people I know are the ones planning to let go in the coming months and even weeks.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes