[V2] Firearms crash recording app (GeForce Experience)

The Problem:
When I equip a projectile firing equipment (AR-15, M870, X-26), my recording software flashes white a few times and then turns off while my game lags as I equip my projectile firing equipment (AR-15, M870, X-26). This causes my not to be able to re-enable my recording software on any other games but however allow me to continue to use my projectile firing equipment (AR-15, M870, X-26)after a ton of lag. (Not me only who are experiencing this, other players too and only on Firestone, no other games.)

Expected Result:
I can equip my projectile firing equipment (AR-15, M870, X-26)properly without breaking any recording software and without any lag.

Reproduction Steps:
Enable GeForce Experience Instant Replay and equip a projectile firing equipment (AR-15, M870, X-26). This causes the application to bug and break.

Pictures/Videos:
N/A because it breaks my recording software (other ppl have reported it happens)

3 Likes

g23 too

1 Like

I also get this issue

1 Like

Looked into it myself, it stops recording and makes my frames drop 10-20 frames when the GUI appears on the screen, whilst it’s being drawn there are no issues. The current way around this I’d suggest would be to use Windows Game Bar (which is running already) and not activate any of the recording/live streaming features that Geforce Experience currently offers. (Including Instant-Replay)

Question which might help: What settings do you use in NVIDIA Control Panel and what GPU do you have?

1 Like

it happens for me when it is being drawn, after it is drawn the replay system turns off and my screen stops flashing

What settings do you use in NVIDIA Control Panel and what GPU do you have?

2060 and wdym settings

1 Like

1 Like

how the hell does this happen??

1 Like

idk how it affects a recording app lol

1 Like

1 Like

Disable your mouse icon from being recorded. This article explains how to do so. Restart your computer for it to take affect.

This is what fixed the issue for me; I experienced it with several Roblox games (including v2 and others; exclusively a Roblox issue). The problem appears to be related to how specific gun systems change the mouse icon to add a crosshairs.

3 Likes

thanks!!! i had this issue too!

1 Like

OMG YO WHAT AUTO SUGGESTED WORKED TY

2 Likes

Automationeer saves the day (again??)

2 Likes

This issue surprisingly does not happen in other games which utilise the mouse icon as a crosshair and thus I am more convinced that this issue has to do with FS itself instead of GFE somehow but it wouldn’t make sense

1 Like

This was what I was thinking but when I was in a vc with cuxle at the time we ruled it out since we didn’t experience it on any other games and the frame drops we did get before the ammo GUI appeared but we just considered it to be v2’s normal thing.

I think it does happen but its just unnoticeable as compared to those games, they’re typically more optimised that v2 and are more consistant

1 Like

didn’t experience it on any other games
I think it does happen

does not happen on other games as much as what I have played

2 Likes