Unmarked vehicle plates

Hey. This is quite simple as FBI has it.

But I think plates on unmarked vehicles from any departments should be randomly generated, instead of a callsign. It defeats the object of having an unmarked car as criminals who aren’t sure if it’s police or not can just check the plate… in real life all law enforcement vehicle plates are like normal ones.

I think MARKED vehicles should remain with callsigns as plates.
But UNMARKED vehicles should have random plates.

Like if you support, thanks :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This means, if you as an officer hit and run another person, you escape any form of justice (As the plate would have to be created each time unless stored, which I doubt). Along with this, apparently even callsigns on plates cant be used in court as POID, so if anything there is no need. Because in this loopy-land callsigns dont mean shit.

Besides that, this is completely dumb. FBI =/= FSP and SCSO, they run higher stakes and covert ops, you guys run C3 to a baconhead at CD. Along with this, having a callsign on a plate makes it easier to understand where units are in large incidents, especially pursuits so you can tell whose who around you and the information they’re providing.

Also also, this would be completely undermined by the fact you’re sitting in the car wearing goddamn LEO clothing man…

8 Likes

Uh no

Thanks
Signed
SeanCityNavy
HOR (I-DOP)

6 Likes

FBI’s plates aren’t actually randomly generated, there is a system to identify who’s vehicle it is, however I do fully support taking FBI’s plate scripts and using them for other department’s unmarked although it’s not a priority

6 Likes

Other LEO unmarked vehicles are easy to notice because they have the loadout of a normal marked unit. They have a visible spotlight, pushbar, and police equipment inside the vehicle. The FBI’s undercover vehicles do not have visible features like that. Giving unmarked units a civilian license plate would not be a benefit.

Unmarked does not equal undercover.

9 Likes

FBI vehicles are undercover, therefore their plates aren’t as recognizable as regular squad cars. They use their vehicles for undercover operations, but FSP and SCSO don’t serve the same purpose. They can use plain clothes, you can’t. There’s a big difference between your duties, and even if you were to get civilian plates you’d still be easily identifiable.

11 Likes

Stop trying to get the advantage over criminals, thanks.

4 Likes

This section is actually wrong for American states. We have what are called “exempt” plates which are plates that are exempt from paying Ad valorem (a tax is given on your car when you pay for registration each year). So the state DMV issue “Exempt” plates to government agencies so they won’t be paying for their fleet vehicles.

Also, State Troopers also tend to have their own plates as well, which tend to have their vehicle # on it for ease of use.

These plates are even put on most, if not all, unmarked vehicles because if they arent, the department has to pay tax on the vehicles and then put the little sticker ensuring as such.

4 Likes

I believe this system is already in Firestone v3.image

5 Likes

Even tho this suggestion will never be taken seriously cause it shouldnt- no reason to cry kick and scream about something that’ll never happen :smiley:

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure those are just placeholders

5 Likes

Unmarked =/= Undercover

Hmm, I’m next to a vehicle with black police rims, a spotlight, a rambar, slightly visible ELS lights, an officer with a uniform, and antennas, wonder if it’s a police officer? Could never be, the plate is a civilian one.

The point of unmarked is not to hide in plain sight, this is very useless.

7 Likes

I know you’re a developer and you probably have more info but to a regular LEO or Citizen in firestone like me or jack it looks like its perm because if it is a ‘place holder’ then why didn’t he add it into v3? It’s not hard to rig up that system to the radio

4 Likes

In all honesty the only people I’d support getting FBI’s civ plates is SS, it’d be helpful in their duties of protecting GOs and trying to remain as covert as possible when doing so when necessary

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure criminals are gonna see your big rambar and other equipment inside just by looking at your car.

8 Likes

Unmarked FSP/SCSO smells of police from 100 miles away.

As for the FBI - any vehicle they may or may not have is something I do not wish to discuss due to operational security.

FSP/SCSO is doing wonderful work - and I thank them for their service.

6 Likes

There is no purpose of this, I personally won’t even notice that my plate has changed and I wouldn’t even care. This does not in anyway benefit the game, all its doing is slowing down development to V3 and making Founders add useless things to V2.

6 Likes

I agree with SS getting this, it’s entirely realistic. Each duplicate SS vehicle has an identical plate to prevent spotters calling out which vehicle has a VIP inside. Also, SS don’t run around running traffic stops or pursuits so I see no issue with them having it.

8 Likes

FSP AND SCSO VEHICLES ARE UNMARKED! NOT UNDERCOVER LIKE FBI! the ONLY way unmarked vehicles from FSP and SCSO are effective as acting as a civilian car is for traffic, at night, in a black car.

9 Likes

That’s about the only other place. FSP for sure does not need it. They are not doing any sort of undercover duties. SS isn’t really either, but it’s not going to make a difference for FSP, as they are only doing traffic and responding to minor calls.

5 Likes