Transit Companies

Taxi and Bus Companies:

Hi, I have an idea and I’ll keep it simple: give taxis and busses to trusted company owners to start their own transit companies to help promote the creation of more businesses and realism. Now a problem people had with this idea is how they wouldn’t have government oversight, which can easily be fixed by implementing requirements on how busses operate on a day-to-day basis and how the companies should train their employees.

Law Enforcement and Regulation Enforcement:
Along with the creation of these private companies, a Transit Police could also be created to help ensure these regulations are being met and to investigate and respond to crime or incidents that require law enforcement that involve transit companies in any way, whether that be the passengers, employees, or vehicles. If people don’t like the idea of an LEA focused solely on transit they could also consider adding a DOCM Law Enforcement division (which would be small) to handle both those transit investigations and other investigations regarding businesses that may have broken the law.

2 Likes
Thoughts on transit companies?
  • I support companies, but not the law enforcement idea.
  • I like both the company and law enforcement idea.
  • I don’t like either of these ideas.

0 voters

3 Likes

There has been multiple forum posts about this similar type of topic and taxis and buses will stay with DOT because I’m guessing for the reason of it being so easy for business employees to mess around with them and break laws, etc and businesses wouldn’t have access to the models to use in their own games for training purposes like DOT has.
The founders will give vehicles to those businesses they feel need it like Quest did so it’s a case of waiting for dev support.

4 Likes

yes there could be dumb employees hence why the government would have regulations on how they hire employees and requirements the applicants must meet to be considered eligible for hire

3 Likes

Fed and FedLaw > Government

3 Likes

yeah, it’s a true bummer cause it really would be cool

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind taxi & bus companies…I think we already have some like Kotse & Quest though they don’t get much actual support from development. Transit Police I don’t think would be as huge of a usage yet

4 Likes

COMMERCE COPS :rofl:

3 Likes

Shhh stop exposing us! Someone already exposed us when they DPS’d Toboo.

4 Likes

We got dot already

3 Likes

Also pls no more departments there are enough as it is

5 Likes

SIR ITS A LEGIT THING (im just trying to think of fun things to add idk)

3 Likes

Yeah, I think transit police would come in handy when v3 drops and we have the airport and train line to also worry about.

5 Likes

The transit police could be a good idea. Where I live, we have a state transit police for the railroads and a bi-state agency for the airports and other facilities.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s very common for larger cities to have transit police. Normally they have the highest presence around the large train stations and subway areas.

3 Likes

give me a fucking bus

7 Likes

DOT should be the sole provider of these services or else the interest to the department would decrease even more.

DHS may perhaps patrol at FIA and in the trains and stations in v3, we shall see

3 Likes

Fedlaw would not let this happen! I believe that this is a bad idea and can easily be abused due to loose commerce business rules, businesses can hire whoever they want ideally with out a proper background check.

4 Likes

commerce police.

Secretary and chairman of the board and chief inspector are all post cert, I’m the only admin member that’s not so wouldn’t be that bad to input it if that actually happened

5 Likes

Or- PPS or whoever protects buildings could be given that responsibility

2 Likes