Toastee_RBLX For Redwood City Council Alderman

Introduction

Hi all, I’m Toastee_RBLX and I’ve been around Firestone for quite sometime. I’ve been here from roughly 2017/18 and had a career stretching between SCFD, FSP, FSP:ASU, POST, FNG, and DPW.
I’ve looked in mainly from the sidelines towards our city councils and have taken in the jobs they’ve done over the past few years.
I’ve seen the Redwood City Council do some solid acts in the past few years, but I’ve felt compelled in recent days to declare my running for the position of Redwood City Alderman.

Career In-depth

FNG - 2018/19, Attained Corporal
DPW - 2017/18, Public Employee
SCFD - 2017, 2018, and 2019 Respectively, Fire-Paramedic (V1 - V2)
POST - 2019, Instructor for AEST/AEDT
FSP - 2018/19, Attained Corporal
FSP:ASU - 2018/19, Vice Commander, Founded the Medical Response Division

My Plans for Office

Although these plans are simple, and only represent my pre-conceived ideas, when in office I plan to fully enact to the best of my ability where possible to have these passed/put in action at the council level.

• To enable businesses to support themselves at a council level with the removal of red tape leading to businesses moving or choosing not to startup within Redwood

• To request the support of proper permanently staffed bus routes to serve the Redwood City area, this may result in the consultation of private entities to undertake this role with further discussion with the Department of Transportation

• To create a weekly/fortnightly newsletter outlining the councils week and any activities being run in the coming weeks and months, whilst recapping events of the past weeks.

• To engage the Redwood City community through council run events, such as fates, continued job fairs, BBQ’s, private business collaboration events (i.e. Sponsored Council events), and community outreach programs to help support our community through expungements (The possibility of hiring public defenders to directly support those who take residency in Redwood)

But why me?
This is a fair question to ask of any candidate. What makes one suitable for the job, is it their experience? Their leadership qualities? The ideas that they want to bring? Is it a combination of it all?
I believe that is the combination of all of those factors and many more. I fight with tenacity to push for the ideas I’ve previously stated here, to push to give the citizens a genuine voice, to make sure their democracy is upheld even at a council level.

The first step to change is for someone to listen. Let me be that someone, I want to listen to every comment, question, query, idea, suggestion, negative, positive, whatever it may be. Help me, to help the wider community by supporting and giving them that necessary voice.

My DMs are always open, feel free to tag me within the main Firestone discord and any other discords I’m in, I will be there to listen. I also plan to create a form dedicated to the community on everything they may wish to raise to be sent directly to me.

To Conclude

I wish to serve the greater Redwood community, to give the needed voice to the members of the public, to strive to improve businesses and their quality within Redwood, and to advocate to give Redwood more drive in the months to come. With V3’s release nearing everyday, I wish to be there to give hope to the members of the community, with a thriving business area, beautiful council parks and spaces, and to ensure the safety of anyone who comes through.
My discord tag is Toastee#0205, and even my Roblox PM’s are open.

Remember, a vote for me, is a vote for tomorrow. A vote for a better and brighter future within Redwood, a future with the real voice of community.

Thank you for reading, and God bless.

2 Likes

100% support!!

2 Likes

The first one is the press secretary’s job, the second one is up to the mayor, and you can not hire public defenders, the people who are in truble must request them themselves if they choose to egt help.

1 Like

Just to break it down.
I feel you don’t quite get this, these are the jobs currently present but I will push to ensure they’re committed to, to ensure we have them done on the daily/weekly basis. I wish to use my position to work directly with the press secretary, and with the public to ensure information has a quick and easy flow.

Yes, you can see that it’s up to the mayor, but again with my position I can use it to push for these events to be the main point of contact for those wanting to host those events and to ensure they run smoothly!

The community outreach, you’re right, you can’t hire public defenders, but I’d rather have a pool of public defenders who wish to help and be there to assist with the members of Redwood City. Again I’d use my position to put in the legislation to enact that this be done as to better represent the people in this great city.

I feel that as your current position as City Alderman you would be able to see this, but I feel this was a sly attempt to slander my name by saying I cannot prove to hold these promises.

2 Likes

the former mayor of prominence gives this candidate a big thumbs up of support!

good luck toasteeeeeeeeee

2 Likes

love you toastee
support

2 Likes

It was not, most people ask questions and put statements out for the person to see and help them grow based on what they write. It also allows other people who have questions to see how well you respond. Sorry if you did not understand that.

Support

2 Likes

100% Support

2 Likes

I’m ever so sorry for my brash response, but I realise it was an understandable line of questioning.
I hope to be able to work alongside you soon enough!

1 Like

Not here to bust your bubble but municipal governments have heavy “sanctions” on them by the County Government, it is pretty stupid, and most of the laws are unnecessary, State law states municipal governments have the right to self govern but the county oversteps their jurisdiction 9/10 times. I tried your ideas when I was an Alderman for the city, didn’t go well as the County loves to micromanage & dictate the municipal governments.

1 Like

I fully understand that, as such I plan to work with the County on the powers (of course through the mayor) as to how to better give back power to municipalities. We can keep striving and shooting to better the local area, and I’d say it’s a lot better to work with and multiply our ability rather than work against one another.

2 Likes

support

2 Likes

support

2 Likes

I support!

2 Likes

Support!!!

2 Likes

SUPPORT!!!

2 Likes

Support