Thoughts on One Time Bar Exam and having Continued Legal Education

So as the title states, what are your thoughts on just having attorneys take the bar exam once then just doing continued legal education instead. It is highly realistic as most, if not all, states only require lawyers to take the bar exam once then do CLE work such as going to seminars, watching board approved lessons to gain hours, and other additional options. I think this would be a good change for the State of Firestone. Please note that I support removing peoples bar license that become incompetent. Some ideas to do CLE could be that the DOJ has sessions to teach about new laws and changes in the justice department and mock trials.

Please reply below.

1 Like

Examples in real life: https://www.utahbar.org/cle/

1 Like

1 Like

One time Bar Exam? maybe

Continued Legal Education? Definitely.

3 Likes

Unlike real life law, Firestone law changes very rapidly. Every 4 months, we essentially have an entirely new legal code and judicial meta.

In real life (varies by state), attorneys have requirements for how much they must practice, ensuring they stay competent in the law. Firestone attorneys do not have to practice whatsoever.

For a competent attorney, the bar exam should take between 45 and 90 minutes. 90 minutes tops, once every 3 months, is not significant in order to hold the most prestigious certification in the state.

2 Likes

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. And realistically our CLE’s will just be shorter bar exams anyway

2 Likes

Absolutely not.

Please also note that bar certifications are not managed by the Department of Justice; they are managed by the Board of Legal Examiners and Ethics. BLEE is an independent entity that does not fall under the jurisdiction of either the Department of Justice or the Judicial Branch.

3 Likes

attorneys become better attorneys by being attorneys. who the heck is going to attend a seminar on how to lawyer on roblox, after already being qualified to practice. the 3 month recertification period does a good enough job at weeding out incompetent lawyers, there’s no point in adding all this extra education to it.

1 Like

It’s also worth noting that, on numerous occasions, attorneys have failed recertification exams (both by standard expiration and BLEE ordered), so it is certainly effective at ensuring our citizens have competent counsel.

3 Likes

I think this is a amazing idea because no offense, the Firestone BAR exam is extremely long including the fact, it only last 2 or 4 months. And truthfully, the Public Defenders and BAR holders, are going above their time to learn the laws and definitions of court.

2 Likes

id actually go attempt the bar if it was perm

otherwise it feels like taking a test over and over again

just my opinion

3 Likes

someone in law, please teach me the way of the fs justice so I can take the bar, how the heck am I supposed to know how to request something to the supreme court

2 Likes

Read the rules of procedure posted everywhere in the Courts Discord and in the DC Trello

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like