Thoughts on fed reinstating PSBs?

What do people think about fed nullifying the section of the DPS act which made public safety blacklists a recommended no hire, instead of mandated no hire?

• Agree with fed’s decision
  • Disagree with fed’s decision
  • No opinion

0 voters

What do people think about fed re-allowing DPS to revoke certifications “as necessary”?

• Agree with fed’s decision
  • Disagree with fed’s decision
  • No opinion

0 voters

In general, do you think that fedlaw is beneficial to firestone or hinders its progress?

• Fedlaw is beneficial with no downsides
  • Fedlaw is mostly beneficial, with some downsides
  • No opinion
  • Fedlaw is mostly a bad thing, with some benefits
  • Fedlaw is entirely bad and has no benefits

0 voters

1 Like

he should of made PBS

2 Likes

??? 5char

1 Like

agreed

2 Likes

honestly if hedidnt want the bill to pass he should of just ran for congress or governor so he could veto it bc his fedlaw bullshit is just derailing the state

2 Likes

I personally believe that fedlaw should be limited to things such as game mechanics, or ensuring that the game stays realistic.

Some great fedlaws would be:

ems gets priority
being a hostage does not constitute rs
(for the most part, the state could have handled these issues themselves)

however for the most part? it’s ass

great recent example, the shutdown of the SEC (which admittedly was a misunderstanding)

another great example, the dps act amendment

the playerbase should (for the most part) be in control of the politics of the game, NOT fed.
fed is not an elected official of the state, so why does he get to make policy changes?
if fed would like to maintain realism while still holding a grasp on his group, he should run for congress and only use his fedlaw power to regulate the realism when congress fails to.

~con

4 Likes

fedlaw works as a TEMPORARY solution to a pressing issue; if anything a piece of fed enacted legislation or law should exist for no more than a month before it should be written into and signed off as state legislation, post/ffa teaching guideline or a moderation rule

as for psbs? yeah. good idea.
what about dps and their free power over certifications? no, leave that to proper legal proceedings in the courts? dps should be able to suspend in consultation with the appropriate health, fire or law enforcement boards but not outright remove a certificate.

3 Likes

I feel like fed should only be intervening on legislation matters if its detrimental to the state- such as the furry hunting bill, that is a good thing that the founders should be stepping into- but the player government deciding that depts should have more of a say in their hiring practices vs. a 3rd party telling them straight up they cant hire so-and-so is a bit much.

Obviously nothing will change and fed’s opinion will always supersede that of the playerbase which is fine cause hes the owner and thats within his right- but that moves into the whole concept of just because you can do something doesnt mean you should

6 Likes

Pretty sure this is already a thing but it brings me to another big issue with fedlaws, they don’t get like logged or displayed anywhere, just announced. So eventually they get drowned out by other announcements and people don’t know about them.

2 Likes

You’ve kinda hit the nail on the head there imo, I pretty much agree with what you said

1 Like

FedoraMasterB98 is the god of Firestone

3 Likes

Never would’ve known if you didn’t say it. Thank you.

1 Like

interesting post

3 Likes

I’ve made a solid point on fedlaw before and won’t be repeating myself entirely—tl;dr its what makes Firestone bad.

2 Likes

Irrespective of your thoughs on the actual contents of the dps bill, do you feel it is justified/fair for fed to overrule a democratic decision?

• I didn’t like the contents of the bill, but I don’t think it was justified for fed to overrule
  • I agreed with the contents of the bill and think it was unjustified for fed to overrule the democratic process
  • I disagreed with the contents of the bill and I think the fedlaw was justified
  • I agreed with the contents of the bill, but fedlaw overruling it was justified
  • No opinion

0 voters

1 Like

The problem with removing PSB’s is an extreme lack of employees. People forget that DPS has three fail-safes. The first being the investigators/revokers, the second being the Secretary/High-Command, and the third being the Governor.

At every level, regulations need to be made to avoid the mistakes that keep happening. The mistakes don’t warrant the complete removal of an intended feature, they warrant deliberation from the government. If someone is blacklisted for a stupid reason, then the tipline should be informed, and if nothing is done then the Governor should. If all three fail-safes aren’t working, it isn’t a problem with the department, its a problem with the people.

3 Likes

In respect to your point, there are 3 ‘fail-safes’, however, those are (a) the Deputy Chief Investigator and Chief Investigator, (b) the Deputy Secretary and Secretary or (c) the Governor.

Those in category A are considered ‘Command’ and manage the Investigations Office, its staff and its operations (excluding reviewing new complaints and assigning them to an investigator - as this simple system was deliberately broken by the recently passed reform act).

Those in category B are considered ‘Administration’ (i.e. High Command) and manage Public Safety directives, the blacklist system, appeals, the training curriculum, any sort of public relations and approve investigations (oh… and review complaints and assign them to an investigator - special thanks to Congress).

The Governor usually doesn’t intervene unless it’s absolutely necessary.

Not so directly related but we are currently working on overhauling our most important internal policies and correcting any previously made wrongdoing that still has an effect on anyone to this day.

3 Likes

So this was previously done by Chief and Deputy Chief investigators right?

1 Like

Yes it was - now it isn’t, essentially meaning that the administration have to do all the work rather than it being evenly delegated throughout the command structure

2 Likes

I’ll make a note to propose an amendment to the DPS bill to shift the responsibility back to CI and DCI if I get into the House of Representatives. I don’t really see why she’d change that

1 Like