Thoughts on abolishing DOBW?

A conversation a few days ago about DOBW’s place in V3 got me thinking, and since DHS is being abolished for V3 what do you guys think about the DOBW also being abolished? One of its purposes is to make regulations for the waters in Firestone, but that can be done by Congress and be enforced by CG and the planned port authority. Its other purpose is to tow abandoned boats… “Vessel towing” is the shittiest bullshit that’s ever bullshitted and it doesn’t seem realistic at all.

No hate to those in DOBW of course, love y’all. Maybe you guys could be moved to the port authority like how SS is being moved to FSP, but I’m not sure how many of you are POST certified. Write thoughts below

3 Likes

dumb move, bad post, L take

DOBW is a bunch of kings of the lake, let them be, additionally Congress is not here to micromanage the shit infested waters of Firestone, DOBW exists to do that

13 Likes

as much as dobw have done questionable? things in the past i dont think they need to be abolished

they do still do some useful stuff that wouldn’t make sense as a division of port authority (cuz they arent restricted to the port lol) and still manage waterways with the help of Congress

3 Likes

it’s realistic but irl it’s done by private companies since dobw only exists irl in cali

pretty sure dobw is getting stuff in beta too

3 Likes

I like dobw

I think they should also do marine conservation roleplays

Dont abolish dobw

Ly :heart:

3 Likes

I don’t know what the abolishment of DHS has to do with DOBW which is a completely different department.

4 Likes

Fed said port authority will be law enforcement so that’s not going to happen.

2 Likes

firestone needs to be more focused on all departments as opposed to being a mostly cop-centric state. Abolishing DOBW would really provide 0 benefits. DHS is being abolished due the establishment of municipal PDs and because we already have so many law enforcement departments. DOBW is something unique and different and should be kept.

5 Likes

what? SeaTow, TowBoatUSA, basically every boater that can afford it buys these services (I know myself because I do lol.) Even if you dont buy them, you will end up using them, and just get charged way more then membership fee later.

2 Likes

no 5char

3 Likes

L opinion + ratio

4 Likes

Thoughts? My thoughts are that this topic shouldn’t be a thing

5 Likes

We need more departments that AREN’T Law Enforcement centric

So no, we shouldn’t abolish it.

4 Likes

It’s going to be interesting to see the result of not having DHS. In v2 DHS is big help when normal LEOs weapons can’t win against automatic guns all the time.

4 Likes

no lol

2 Likes

bad idea. if my boat gets stuck in the middle of nowhere, i dont feel like swimming and im definitely not abt to call SAR or CG.

reminder that v3 is a literal island

also it’s an rp based department

4 Likes

where the fuck is mario judah

3 Likes

Keep DOBW

3 Likes

DOBW is legendary. No support

3 Likes

uh no, DOBW is a great place where people who are new or havent gotten a POST cert and want something to do. This volountary department has great employees and is a great place to start for people to add to their resume. i enjoyed every moment of my time in dobw and i dont support the idea one bit

5 Likes