The Necessity for a Quality News Company

jeff
according to the criminal underground, i am now firestone’s most corrupt game mod
listen guys, i wouldn’t be the most corrupt if you guys would stop RKing civilians on RW BVLD with AKs and attention seeking by doing donuts in front of cops and running from them afterwards
here, take a break and read the frp guide for once in your damn life, k?

why i'm proposing this

anyways back to the actual topic at hand

yes i know that a lot of people have started news companies and they’ve absolutely died because of being too kid-dy to maintain but hear me out pls

it’s overly common knowledge that Firestone’s news companies are in horrible shape.
we originally had the Firestone News Network by rossloika, which actually succeeded for quite a bit, but it feels like it’s grown more inactive over the last several months
then we had a bunch of other crappy attempts at new startups that pretty much rose then hit a plateau and eventually flatlined
then we have a current bunch of cancerous crappy ones that focus only on the county and not actual firestone information and news, especially as of late
seriously, i legit just googled firestone news roblox, and it gave me, like, five inactive groups
here you go

so, sire ass buttesworth, in all thy noble glory and fame, as much as he doesn’t have to depend on me to rescue him from being a damsel in distress, decided to float the idea of me creating my own news corporation earlier tonight

and yes, i did troll fed at the grand opening of the judicial center and ran around screaming questions about him embezzling uniform funds and his conspiracies for underdeveloping the fire department
hmu if you want screenshots lol

as shown in the screenshot, i am, for some reason, gaining some interest among my fellow comrades after pitching the idea of this example of a news corporation to them

tl;dr all of firestone’s current news groups are inactive or crappy as hell and don’t actually educate the viewers on current events in firestone
so basically butsworth came to me and said i should start my own news corporation so there’s actually a platform for people to view and make decisions on

a few pointers
  • in today’s modern era, you can’t hold a person’s attention for more than 10 seconds before they lose interest
    5 minute news ‘briefs’ which cover at least 3 major stories each
    regular stories would last around 10 minutes to be in depth and provide professional analysis

• emphasis on the government and ongoing processes- crap news companies cover ingame stuff and they still consider a traffic stop for running a stop sign breaking news
    we would have more of an emphasis on actually informing the public instead of bringing boring, repetitive ‘action’
    focusing on the judicial, legislative, and executive branches of government
    getting legal, judicial, and legislative affiliates and experts to provide professional insight into government works (for one, i’m definitely looking in danny’s direction)

• promote more interviews- as buts says in el foto, interviews play a primary part in getting a govt official’s words and ideas out, not just speeches, executive orders, and condemnations
    speaking with elected senators, representatives, attorneys, judges, court justices, department heads, secretaries, governors, developers, etc about decisions on major issues (court cases, bills, executive decisions, ongoing works, department decisions, etc)

• provide information to the general public in a nonbiased, nonpartisan fashion- educate the viewers in such a way that they can draw their own opinions, can express their opinions through elected representatives better, and are kept up to date on ongoing events in firestone
    especially during elections, since everyone knows how important an educated voter is to democracy

tl;dr if you’ve watched The Newsroom, good for you, if you haven’t, educate the viewer on the government and major issues and impacts on firestone using professional resources and to the point briefing segments

so basically all this means, if i do decide to go through with this, firestone will be getting an actual news company that dedicates itself to information and not the crappy ‘entertainment’ that the other news companies upload
cough CNN lelele

should i dedicate myself to starting a Firestone Broadcasting Corporation and actually producing quality informative news for firestone citizens at risk of reentering the pit of addiction from which i’ve literally just emerged and am picking my life back up together from

• yes!
  • no!

0 voters

e: oof, i didn’t click to make it public
remember to express thots and opinions below

say no to this that’s lyrics from hamilton, don’t listen to that
i mean don’t listen to the phrase above, you should definitely go listen to the hamilton soundtrack
seriously i’m still addicted to it

i have the honor to be your obedient servant
j. eff

i have the honor to be your obedient servant
r. ev.

2 Likes

this is a good poll i think

good job i think

2 Likes

stop calling 911 while viewing people and saying ‘Jeff, game mod, etc’

good ideas just don’t pull a

e1: emote is a thot

1 Like

then next time just let them know not to RK civs who’re literally doing nothing at all eh

yeah, you think? i’m gonna have to dedicate myself again, soooo

2 Likes

i forgot the word ross. don’t pull a ross.

2 Likes

I am actually planning to start a news company that actually provides news, such as hot topic debates, talks over government issues, politics, ect.
This is better than the current “in-game drama” bullshit we see today.
If anyone wants to help me bring real news to Firestone, let me know.

3 Likes

There are too many. https://gyazo.com/0440ce541879114fdcf7fd71fa090c3b

3 Likes

Half of those are either dead, inactive, or CNN fake news.
Theres a news company in-game that literally wears fucking body-armor and runs towards any and all gunshots, this is not news, people dont want to see stuff they’ve seen 50 times before, people want explanations on government topics, hot-topics, politics, court cases, ect.
A news corporation should actually teach the viewer something, not show them stuff they already know.
The only time I see a news company giving useful information in-game is regarding a government official being murdered, corrupt GO’s, or anything else.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes