The House Refuses to Serve the Interests of the Citizens, Again

-10,000 just for attempting is way to high, which is like 24+ hours of farming as a citizen. With a gun or any threat

Both chambers are failing, period. Innovative is actually surprisingly inactive and fails to give context to the leadership within the Senate. In the House, there just isn’t really good leadership that currently presides over the chamber.

I’m not sure why you continue to support an administration that has failed to give hardly any duty to the Office of the Lieutenant Governor, and for Butsworth’s administration, if any of you claim for that to be an exceptional administration, then why are we still facing the same problems that we’ve been facing in Congress?

“Excuse me”, - more like please excuse Congress for being exceptionally bad at fulfilling their duties.

because you continue to fail to have influence over congress, sneaky.

i actually do

Congress is congress and the Governor is not failing to have an influence over them. It’s congress fault for not being the way they are and not showing pride in what they do and make a statement on what can we do to change…

I’m sorry, but if the Governor fears that there may be an impeachment proposition coming his way, or if Congress fails to meet his criteria or are opposed to the majority of the legislation that he pushes through, yes, that means that you clearly have no influence over the House.

2 Likes

So basically there is checks and balances is what I’m getting at

damn tim is speaking some truth

1 Like

It’s not the Governor’s job to influence Congress. We have separation of powers for a reason

3 Likes

It has nothing to do with separation of powers. If the Governor wants to push his initiative through that requires written law to be created and passed, then he/she has to have influence over both chambers. By influence I mean the amount of people in a chamber who support his will or the action that he wants to take.

For example, the United States Senate currently holds a Republican Majority, which is good for President Trump because he won the nomination of the Republican Party and is a registered Republican. Thus, more people in Congress will be willing to vote the way that he expects them to, or pass legislation that he pushes onto the chamber floor.

1 Like

There’s a reason many people don’t have confidence in the US Congress

I will begin by proposing Constitutional amendments that will standardize our laws. These will include codification requirements, enforcement and penalty regulations, and several other plausible changes which I will discuss with experienced congresspeople (like yourself!). It is an undeniable fact that the public supports reformation of many of our laws, and especially supports a codified law that will be easy to understand. Therefore, so long as Representatives and Senators uphold their duty to reflect the public interest, these proposals should pass with ease.

From there, of course, we will begin codification. As we look over each law, we’ll be able to evaluate flaws, identify crimes that have either been accidentally nullified and not recreated or otherwise, simply should exist, and ultimately improve this state’s great “law book.” Hot leak: If I win, I am referring to it as the Firestone Revised Statutes (very original, I know).

3 Likes

If the public really cares about a situation, then they would bring it up to the people in power. You can only do so much in a government that is mainly centered on bureaucracy. Quite frankly, our state does not value elections so therefore we cannot have high expectations for our congress. However, if they are not representing the will of the people, then by all means, call them out.

This has been a good thread, but I believe it’s run its course.