State Sanctions

As you guys know, as a result of the relations that Firestone and Ridgeway have decided to engage in recently, things such as war decelerations and sanctions, but for a lego game I feel sanctions have gone a bit too far.

• Currently the Ridgeway Sanctions Act includes a section that states “should any members of the Ridgeway National Guard or any other Ridgeway entity land on Firestone soil, businesses are not permitted to participate in trade (selling goods, arms, food, etc) with such members. The Secretary of Commerce may enact any and all measures to prevent economic gains for the State of Ridgeway while these sanctions are active.”

This section probably had the intention of preventing businesses from supporting RNG during an active invasion, but due to its terrible wording, it appears to efficiently ban anyone who is a member of the RNG or any Ridgeway entity (could be interpreted as anyone in any ridgeway department or business) from engaging with businesses, so if let’s say little cup sold a French toast to a member of the RNG who is just trying to engage in business roleplay, does that put this business at risk of losing their license to operate? Businesses shouldn’t have to worry about verifying that the guy in a plad shirt, jeans, and a cowboy hat isn’t some random private in the RNG to be able to engage in services with them or risk losing their license.

• Businesses being forced to cease operations during a war declaration is unreasonable and kills a thriving part of the community for the purposes of roleplay war.

• Wanting to be involved in another community as either a department head, judge, national guardsmen, or even a senator should not equate to committing a felony within the State of Firestone

tdlr; If the Firestone Government wants to play war with another state that’s fine, but do not punish citizens for wanting to be involved in states other than firestone and make them choose a side, because I have a hunch that people would be more inclined to choose the side that’s less restrictive of the average citizen.

9 Likes

WOOOOO

STOP BEING IDIOTS! UR GONNA KILL BOTH GAMES!

4 Likes

The business stuff is dumb. But doesn’t make sense to be in RNG and FNG during a war. sanctions only apply to cabinet senate and rng in ridgeway

2 Likes

The reason for the restrictions was due to the high player count in servers. During the war time, it’s essential that FNG and other first responders are able to join the game with minimal delay. Once the server count starts dying down and law enforcement are capable of protecting businesses, the regulations will be updated as such. I reached out to a couple of municipalities and they had concerns regarding staffing and overall being able to protect while during the war time.

So to recap:

• Once the server count starts dying down / war is ended then businesses will be allowed to operate in V2 again as the need for room for law enforcement and other resources won’t be an issue

OR

• Once agencies communicate with me that they no longer need the extra room and are capable of protecting businesses
2 Likes

Just wanted to mention also that requirements for activity for this month will be lenient to not required depending on how long war lasts for, if that was a concern. Also, if the business serves an essential function they can DM me and I can review the reasoning. We’ve done this with news, religious, and humanitarian organizations already.

1 Like

Even with the business restrictions I still gotta wait in a queue as FNG, that’s because even if someones business is shutdown doesn’t mean they wont join the game, they still join to hang out or because they also are employed by a department that has an in game quota or whatever

2 Likes

I understand that but two things

• The cabinet thing could have been specified to maybe include just the head of RNG and law enforcement agencies or even Ridgeway Intelligence officers/agents, instead the sanctions are broad to where the Parks service director, state attorney general and other non-war related ridgeway department heads could be sanctioned as a result of RNG and FNG duking it out if they wanted to for some reason get involved in firestone as community members

• I understand it’s not feasible to be RNG and FNG in some peoples eyes, but it’s a roblox game where people should have a choice, and if they choose one side they should be made to stick with that side for the duration of the war, instead they have to choose a side for the foreseeable future even after the war, cause if they leave RNG to avoid being a felon in FS I doubt RNG command is going to be like “war is over we’ll just go ahead and bypass you and reinstate you back in RNG to captain or whatever you were before” and same thing for FNG command.

1 Like

support
owner of 4 business

1 Like

Metro State Security will offer FREE business protections for the duration of the war of operations are able to RESUME

1 Like

I’m talking with department officials and other advisors to reassess business ops. An announcement will hopefully be made later today.

1 Like

THERES NO NEED TO TALK WITH DEPARTMENT OFFICIALS AND ADVISORS!

2 Likes

its YOUR DEPARTMENT why are you ASKING OTHER PEOPLE about how YOUR DEPARTMENT should run

3 Likes

Sign this petition A Petition to Congress Involving Ridgeway

I can see both sides of this equation. For safety’s sake I can agree with clone’s side because the ridgeway militia kills without hesitation and with the amount of crime running rampant, leaving businesses vulnerable to criminals as is. However on delta’s side I can agree that it isn’t right to have businesses not do well business with people who are also involved in other states. We may be at war but not everyone is for war and play the game. After all, it is a Lego game and it should be treated as such

Did you really just ask why he’s requesting advice from his advisors? :skull:

just a tiny for the record, businesses were only supposed to be prevented from selling to those representing rng (which wouldnt of really been a issue anyways). for the soe/war, the only reason they shut down was kinda because of the commerce act (not my doing). and yea no they arent obligated to very anything

also to add on, as long as rw does the peace treaty when they say they will this wont affect anyone!! but yes businesses i even agree on to be fair with you.

SUSPENSION LIFTED

All permitted Businesses may now operate within V2. Please ensure you coordinate with law enforcement and/or coordinate with private security to keep your business and customers safe.

Thank you working with us and allowing our armed services to take control of the situation during this time. After consulting with the Governor’s office and our law enforcement, the need for suspension was no longer warranted.

**Please note, that these sanctions are still in place (as required by law): An Order Regarding Economic Sanctions on Ridgeway **

In the future, I plan on revising the Commerce Regulations and protocols to ensure a more fair and equal relationship between armed conflict and business operations.

/s

Clonemep
Secretary of Commerce

1 Like

Ty for voicing your concerns and allowing us to discuss this situation with all of you. If takes a lot of coordination during war to ensure that everyone stays safe and that our armed forces can effectively defend Firestone.

One of my deputies is the Ridgeway Secretary of State. Is he just fucked now?

1 Like