State Inspecter General Act Opinions

Hi there everybody, it’s your main man Shark here today. I was just reading through the forums again and I read this act being proposed to congress. As I read through it, it does seem to have quite a bit of power to them but at the same time, they are appointed by their individual secretary and such but I’m curious what y’all think of it.

2 Likes

Not a fan, we already have an IG first off, he heads the SIO. Two, this is just unnecessary.

4 Likes

Exactly there is no purpose for this act

3 Likes

Retire this!

3 Likes

just because there’s a role that’s named IG doesn’t mean it has the same responsibilities as the ones within this bill.

this bill basically gets rid of the need for each department to have a IA section and will allow for a more streamlined executive branch investigative organization.

2 Likes

Each department doesn’t have an IA, Fed abolished those because he wants DPS to handle that for relevant departments. Also, most departments barely handle DPS you think they’ll handle this? And once again, it’s unnecessary.

3 Likes

this is fucking stupid…all im ganna say

2 Likes

Thanks but no thanks. Already have enough people who supervise department operations, inspector general crap is just another thorn in everyone’s ass.

3 Likes

1 MAJOR problem with this.

Say I am the IG and want to go rogue, I have access to trello’s so I can leak all classified information to the public if I wanted to, 'cause why not?

3 Likes
  1. The department head is responsible for selecting the Inspector General.
  2. One does not need access to classified information or anything irrelevant to fulfill their duties.
2 Likes

STILL unnecessary.

Considering that we already have DPS and DoJ basically handle this kind of stuff we do not need multiple “inspector generals.”

4 Likes

i don’t support the bill either but i still wanted to counter his statement

3 Likes

2 Likes

After strenuous review this bill is entirely constitutional however should it pass it will be extremely detrimental to this state and what this state stands for.

Furthermore should this pass I have no doubt that LEOs and LEAs respectively will not be happy (they already dislike DPS and this is just DPS on steroids) and thus will likely go on strike.

It is of further a concern of mine that this ‘Inspector General’ can subpoena information, issue termination orders, AND VIEW EVERY SINGLE DOCUMENT IN AN ASSIGNED DEPARTMENT.

I do not normally make such public statements due to the code of conduct of the Judiciary however this bill requires that its effect be published pre-enactment.

If a person has an issue with this bill I highly recommend that you contact the members of congress.

2 Likes

That doesn’t mater. It says “Trello’s”, so if they say they need access, then you have no choice but to listen.

2 Likes

w-what a b-b-b-bullshit b-b-bill.

2 Likes

no ok

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes